Neovalen's Skyrim Revisited Guide

Is it safe to follow his guide? I noticed his notice: "Notice: This guide has been frozen while a replacement is created." Is he referring to the 2.3.0 update? I would like to follow his guide because he has all the little TES5Edit and DDSOpt fixes in with it, or should I just stick with the 2.2.7 guide for now?

He is not, this does work well but has not been updated for a while and so many things may have changed. That said if you do follow it the patches may be different in TES5Edit as many mods have released upgraded versions not to mention the Unofficial patches phew. He is building a new and improved guide, but though this works well and looks great it is not finished and so I would not touch it unless you know what you are doing - hopefully it will be more or less completed early in the new year (A GUESS on my part - I have no new information on the eta for this and I have no intention to find out, it'll happen when it happens.) :)

My advice would be to use STEP for now. Just the Core mods. Then you can add on various packs, I would recommend VEGA core if you want a bit more challenge or the Requiem pack if like a lot more challenge. There are also other packs out there, a very nice and detailed survival pack not to mention, weather and lighting and a more stripped down survival pack. All work well and are easy to install.

Happy modding

:)

I'll give the VEGA guide a go. It seems promising in that it will offer up a new experience to the base game, which I doubt I could play through again, hence my reason for being here and wanting to mod-up Skyrim.

I have a question about the VEGA guide:

"STEP:Core 2.2.7 mods as indicated by the green color bar next to the mod name. No other STEP mods, other than the ones in the VEGA pack.

STEP:Core 2.2.7 mods installed following either STEP baseline or performance instructions to the letter."

I understand what the first one states, but the second one is throwing me off. Do I need to go through the entire 2.2.7 process then go through VEGA's guide? At the bottom he states "No other mods, this also means no other STEP mods." So, just the Core mods or all mods?

And one final question, that I can't find any information on: should I play through the beginning Helgen scene, make a save once I exit the cave, and then load all of my mods from there?

Figured out my VEGA question. STEP:Core only. Works great. Had an issue with the SkyProc patcher, but I figured it out. I had unzipped the Dual Sheath Redux and ReProcessor patchers to the Skyrim Data folder, but once I started figuring out Mod Organizer, I realized these were meant to be used within MO exclusively. I thought they needed to go to the Skyrim Data folder like Fores New Idles for Skyrim, unless I'm wrong concerning that as well. Still learning.

All those tools need to installed in MO, following the instructions in SR:LE for setting up Skyrim is a great way to go, gets everything ready, then instead of installing the mods in SR add the ones in STEP.

You shouldn't need to reinstall everything just set up a new profile. Of course if you have already worked out all those things then your good to go. The only tool that is not used through MO is DDSOpt.

:)