ENB VRAM/systemRAM quick question (SLI)

Scarus

Question

Hi,

I have x2 GTX 780s each with 3GB of VRAM, along with 16GB of System RAM. For setting up the settings in the ENBlocal.ini,

How much should I give to these two?

ReservedMemorySizeMb=

VideoMemorySizeMb=

sorry if this is obvious, but with SLI, do use 6GB of VRAM?

cheers

6 answers to this question

With that try 512Mb for Reserved and try with 3072mb for Video first.

If you get stuttering and too long load times, then try to increase it. With those settings you should be able to get away with using 8192mb.. but since it depends on the system then it is not the first value I would suggest.

Also SLI does not share VRAM, it mirrors sadly.

Hope that was enough info, otherwise just ask away!

Ok, just did a test with those settings.

3072 Video

and 512 reserved, this test is the Intro all the way to the bit where you get off the cart. In'st 3gb of VRAM the max? it was pretty close to it the whole way through. Any suggestions?

there was the intial FPS drop when all the mod settings are being sorted, and another larger one when I came through the gate, just before the "Look at him, General tulius/hatred/etc" :D

nxsQJ1q.jpg[/img]

You cannot really use those graphs for much when you use ENBoost, since it make use of an extra process to do what it does which the monitor programs for skyrim cant see.

What you should test for is stuttering while moving around and when loading new cells, since most of what ENBoost does relies on memory swapping, hence there is going to be large amounts of data moving about all the time. If the settings are not properly set for your system then you will have bad stuttering, but might still be able to run the game without any CTD.

You can try to open the console from the main menu and type

coc riverwood

Then walk to whiterun while monitoring your fps, and if you get bad stuttering etc. then try to change the value and try the same again.

Hope that helps.

VideoMemorySizeMB's value formula is RAM + VRAM - 2048. So if you have 8GB of system RAM, it would be 8192 + 3072 - 2048 = 9216. However, the max this value can be assigned is 10240.

When I had that value set only to VRAM, I was having the same problems. FPS drops and long loading times made the game nearly unplayable and I thought I'd have to wait for a video card upgrade before I could run an ENB (GTX 460 1GB). Then I read about the above value calulcation and set mine higher (from 1024 to 4096). Now I only have slight dips in FPS and loading times have been dramatically decreased. Of course, you may not experience as much of a difference depending on the extent of your other ENB settings/features.