Quick question about conflict resolution

I'm learning about this conflict resolution thing, and it seems straightforward... until I venture outside of the clear instructions provided by Neovalen. :ermm:

Just for example:

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition#000A95F7_BanditArmorMeleeHeavyNoShieldOutfit

I notice Winter is Coming Cloaks is a part of SR:LE, but the conflict is not mentioned here.

Posted Image

In TES5Edit, is it prudent or even necessary to add the WICSkyCloaksPatch record to the conflict resolution patch alongside the Cloaks.esp and OBIS.esp changes? If so, or not, why? My question is simply an attempt to learn a little more about the system and become more self-reliant in the modding process so that where my interests deviate from the SR:LE path, I'll be able to resolve any issues I encounter.

Offtopic (if Neo is reading this):

When do you anticipate the SR:LE guide reaching a critical mass where it can completely replace the older guide?

In this example here, INAM - Items, and the Item subrecords are the items that this particular NPC has in game. So they have some heavy armor, Cloaks.ESP adds a cloak to this list and OBIS adds a heavy helmet, removing the heavy helmet added by vanilla (the first, yellow record). Not sure why, maybe it's from a different levelled list? Now, Winter is Coming ALSO adds a cloak to this NPC (red, conflicting record). If you also added the WIC cloak, that NPC would have 2 cloaks in game. They would also wear both of them, which would introduce clipping, and why would they wear 2 cloaks at the same time? If you prefer the WIC cloak over the one from Cloaks mod, you can delete Cloak item from Conflict Resolution Patch, and drag over the one from WIC instead.

Not all the red records are ACTUAL conflicts :) This example is a conflict from purely technical point of view, as one of the records from a mod will not be included in game (cloak from WIC in this case). But you actually don't want it in your game, unless you DO WANT that NPC to wear 2 cloaks at the same time.

SR:LE includes the craft only plugin of WIC-Cloaks; so I am not sure if you have been using the correct esp.

From memory (not home right now so I can check) this esp should be 1nivWICCloakscraft.esp or something close to that.

From your picture I think you are not using the esp that SR:LE is referring to...

As I said I can be wrong as I am talking from memory but this is the first thing that came to my mind when looked at your foto.

In any case and regardless of which esp SR:LE is using; should you want to carry on with your plugin choice of WIC-Cloaks, and keep you current esp setup, then you should forward the INAM-Item (in red) to the Conflict Resolution Patch.esp.

EDIT: I think Rootsrat is right abt the NPC having 2 cloaks, so pls ignore my last sentence!

In this example here, INAM - Items, and the Item subrecords are the items that this particular NPC has in game.

If you also added the WIC cloak, that NPC would have 2 cloaks in game.

Not all the red records are ACTUAL conflicts :) This example is a conflict from purely technical point of view, as one of the records from a mod will not be included in game (cloak from WIC in this case). But you actually don't want it in your game, unless you DO WANT that NPC to wear 2 cloaks at the same time.

Thanks for the clear explanation. The main issue is that I didn't realize it was an NPC record, and of course the NPC shouldn't have 2 cloaks.

SR:LE includes the craft only plugin of WIC-Cloaks; so I am not sure if you have been using the correct esp.

Aha, you're right! I missed that somehow.

In this example here, INAM - Items, and the Item subrecords are the items that this particular NPC has in game.

If you also added the WIC cloak, that NPC would have 2 cloaks in game.

Thanks for the clear explanation. The main issue is that I didn't realize it was an NPC record, and of course the NPC shouldn't have 2 cloaks.

I think it's actually an NPC template - see the Editor ID entry :)

In the process of applying the Orc female behavior fix I noticed Height Adjusted Races was overriding Resplendent Racials, and neither forwarded a change to the Argonians from the Unofficial Patch. I also noticed that the Orc female fix also needs to be done on the Orc Vampire race.

To resolve the conflicts with the standard races, I used the record from Resplendent Racials, changed the height data to match Height Adjusted Races, and forwarded changes from the Unofficial Patch where applicable.

However for the vampire races, I used the record from the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch, and applied the skill and size changes from Resplendent Racials and Height Adjusted.

So my question is... Did I do it right?