AHC Mod Compiler

frihyland

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am always open to people going through the process and providing feedback on what they think may need to be improved in the layout/workflow/etc., especially the editor page.

I haven't really noticed anyone spelling the initialism wrong.

I went and got the latest version, but it didn't seem to load anything when I "Loaded" any of the STEP xml files found at the bottom of the "Old Versions" section. I d/l'd the .NET framework in case I didn't have the latest version and will update this post after Windows Update finishes updating it. Is there a particular version that the STEP xml files work on? I'll post a copy of the error log if I can't get it worked out on my own by tomorrow night.

The interface looks pretty straightforward, though you may want to have a msgbox show up before actually starting the processing, since it currently looks like a menu dropdown, not a command button.

Edit:

It was a version compatibility issue. Sorry if I got anybody worried or excited. Once I copied one of the sections from the "Full STEP" xml file into the "Instructions Template" section it worked like a charm. The XML does look easy as pie, and I'd be happy to help get the STEP xml files updated to the current version of the AHC xml using the latest version of the STEP guide (even if it's for selfish reasons). I'm still totally green with WB though, so if a working knowledge of it's intricacies is needed I'll continue the beta testing phase.

And now I"m off to remind myself why I want to work on this in the first place ;^D

Whingknutt

• 3 weeks later...

:? Uhm! pardon my ignorance but. I,m not sure what to do once I download this is there an instruction guide "for dummies" version?I noticed nothing's been posted since the 12th.

To be more specific! I have mods that are in the NMM mods folder and mods that are in Wrye Installer folder. These are archives and I think all S.T.E.P. mods.

Question is how do I get an xml created for these mods once I have them Installed. Or how do I incorporate? them into AHC

:? Uhm! pardon my ignorance but. I' date='m not sure what to do once I download this is there an instruction guide "for dummies" version?I noticed nothing's been posted since the 12th.[/quote']

It's still in development, so there isn't any documentation yet. The next build may have Fri's XML that he created for testing purposes.

Oh! Okay thanks! I've got a partition all setup, to try it out when it's ready:thumbsup:

one question though, if I may. What if we don't use all of STEPs mods? Will we get some sort of error if mods are in the xml file but not added to the game?

Oh! Okay thanks! I've got a partition all setup, to try it out when it's ready:thumbsup:

one question though, if I may. What if we don't use all of STEPs mods? Will we get some sort of error if mods are in the xml file but not added to the game?

Ideally it would just skip it. That is one thing that will surely need to be tested, and I'm interested in that as well since I don't install all STEP mods either.

Ideally it would just skip it. That is one thing that will surely need to be tested, and I'm interested in that as well since I don't install all STEP mods either.
Anything not selected will just be ignored. It will also ignore anything you don't have the archive for.

Anything not selected will just be ignored. It will also ignore anything you don't have the archive for.
Perfect, thanks for the update.