Moving house mod to help with survival alongside Frostfall hardcore

This mod has always struck me as slightly immersion breaking. Not that the technology is too advanced, but more that it's just a little bit silly. It might be OK for a traveling merchant or the like but not for a heroic adventurer. I pretty much never use fast travel anyway (nor do I use carriages), so don't think it's much of a change to go to hardcore in Frostfall.

A caravan's not going to serve you any better than a fur-lined tent in the frozen North though, maybe worse. I'd argue the tents in Frostfall just reflect the nature of the terrain you have to endure. You can't bring a caravan with you up the Throat of the World, but you might need to camp before you reach the summit.

I have used both the caravan and Dragon Killer Cart reloaded (without all the extra crafted stuff, it gets a little over the top) in conjunction with Frostfall. It depends on the type of character I'm playing. A confidence man, shady peddler type the caravan is great for, or a mage. More "rugged" types use the more basic looking dragon killer cart.

I don't try to take it off-road. It does make a nice "striking out" point though. Park beside the road, leave the dog/a companion to "guard" the camp for immersion purposes (they often get in the way in combat anyways), restock from your food stores on the cart, and then head out with your tent.

Besides, you still need your tent to get the shelter/warming bonus for Frostfall, gypsy cart beds don't provide it. Companions, if allowed to idle, can still use them though of course.