By sonicp. How can I find out what the modid for a mod is?

wolverine2710

Question

Originally Nexus user sonicp posted this in the Nexus MO forum. So that this discussion will not get buried on the nexus forums I created the question here and will respond to it here.

pls..

I want to know the mod I.D so every mod I installed will go to my own-made category called "New mods need testing"

thanks

The following was changed in MO 1.0.9: "nexus id and installtime columns are now hidden by default".

To change what tabs are shown go to the 'tabs' row at the top of the left pane, right click and enable nexus id (modid). An excellent article orginally created as a thread by GSDFan and now to be found in the advanced tab of the MO wiki, section 'managing categories' describes how to handle (custom) categories. An alternative is to select a mod, right click and select 'open in explorer'. The file meta.ini contains all the info about a mod.

4 answers to this question

Originally Nexus user sonicp posted this in the Nexus MO forum. So that this discussion will not get buried on the nexus forums I created the question here and will respond to it here.

cut

The following was changed in MO 1.0.9: "nexus id and installtime columns are now hidden by default".

To change what tabs are shown go to the 'tabs' row at the top of the left pane, right click and enable nexus id (modid). An excellent article orginally created as a thread by GSDFan and now to be found in the advanced tab of the MO wiki, section 'managing categories' describes how to handle (custom) categories. An alternative is to select a mod, right click and select 'open in explorer'. The file meta.ini contains all the info about a mod.

is it possible for ALL new mods to get inside my new category (new mods need testing) after installing?

or I have to install them first then use 'right click -> add/remove categories -> [check] new mods need testing'?

thanks

I'm not an expert with regard to categories. Afaik you have to set your custom 'new mods need testing' for each mod you have installed. When using the 'download NMM' button to download a mod a .meta is created which contains info like categories, nexusid, version etc. Same is true when you have installed a mod, a /mods//meta.ini file is generated for it. You could use tools like wingrep which enable you to search for a specific entry in a file and change it automatically but aside from that you have to change the category manually.

I can imagine there is a need for such a 'set category automtically to x'. If you feel its important you can add a 'feature request' ticket in the issue tracker so Tannin can have a look at it and decide if its fits in what he thinks MO should look like. Perhaps something like being able to perform a change category on multiple selected mod at the same time. He's very cautious to keep MO lean, intuitive and productive. That said he is open for well formulated suggestions. A few of my own were honored ;-)

sonicp wrote

is it possible for ALL new mods to get inside my new category (new mods need testing) after installing?

or I have to install them first then use 'right click -> add/remove categories -> [check] new mods need testing'?

Out of the Box, no there isn't a way to do that, but thinking out of the box you can enter all of the needed Nexus id numbers in the new mod category and clear out all the id numbers from the other categories. This will allow new mods to go to that category. You can then do the right click set category and set primary category to assign them later on. Sort of a six of one, half a dozen of another fix.

This is a hack and worked in my test. No telling if it will break anything.

[spoiler=List of Nexus Id Numbers to start with]

67,83,51,54,61,95,68,40,53,60,92,77,65,66,88,91,74,96,24,25,78,27,85,58,89,90,84,93,75,69,28,82,29,30,22,33,79,84,35,34,70,43,73,76,42,39,45,62,36,55