Safe to try ENB?

jakeslim

Question

Is there any reason why I shouldn't install an ENB in the middle of a (stable and already great-looking) playthrough?

Basically I was not confident enough when I first set up my current install to include ENB. Now that I know more about modding and Skyrim in general, I'm wondering whether to give ENB a shot, but I don't want to potentially break/damage anything on this playthrough (I don't have that much patience...!) From what I understand of ENB it should be fine as it can be swapped back out for the original dlls, but what I understand of ENB is very little...

PS GPU is HD7870 2GB - this should be enough for ENB right? (with STEP install)

CPU AMD Athlon II X3 445 Processor (3 CPUs) ~3.4GHz

8 GB RAM

Cheers.

3 answers to this question

Yes it is safe, the only problem is finding one you like, and then optimize it for your rig.

Always remember that the performance is not set in stone, most ENB presets use above average settings, and enable many more features then you might actually get any visual benefit from.

Another problem might be that, as soon you get used to ENB's you cannot live without them and you notice how "ugly" Vanilla skyrim was ;)

After that you even might find yourself in the situation to start a new game to experience Skyrim in a compleltey different way.