Unable to run SkyProc Patchers through MO

IrishBandit

Question

I'm trying to run the SkyRe Reproccer through Mod Organizer, and it is refusing to launch. When I hit run on the Reproccer entry in the executables list, MO has a short loading bar at the bottom adn then nothing. No javaw process is even created. Reproccer works perfectly when run on its own, and I'm using 32-bit java. I have tried reinstalling Reproccer/Java/MO/Skyrim, running reproccer through the data tab has the same result. I have also tried using SUM which has the exact same issue, runs fine alone, will not launch through Mod Organizer, so it seems to be something about either SkyProc or Java that's causing it.

Infuriatingly I am having this problem. I tried switching off everything security wise but still skyproc programs wont execute. Just get the refresh bar and that's it. I did not change anything, normally runs fine then not working since yesterday. There was a microsoft update, so I tried a System restore but no luck. I can't seem to find any solution to the problem. The worse thing is that it has happened to me before, I do not remember how I fixed it (hopefully not the time I reformatted my main SSD and reinstalled windows) so at a loss of what to do. I tried re-installing and updating and that would not work at first but finally got that sorted. I reinstalled all of the patchers in MO so they were pointing at the correct place. There are no error messages.

So the same problem as described above but not the same solution it would seem. Any Help would be brilliant.

::):

If you are using the increase heap memory argument, "-Xmx1024m ", then the first thing I would try is restarting Windows, because Java needs contiguous heap memory allocated, and it's possible that some .dlls (dynamically loaded libraries) are fragmenting memory when javaw.exe compiles the SkyProc patcher .jar that 1024 MB can't be allocated. Restarting may clear this out.

If that doesn't work, the next step is to remove the "-Xmx1024m " argument for the SkyProc patcher in MO. Then try running it to just see if it can get to the patcher's options menu. If yes, then you could try lowering the heap memory amount to something like 512 and see if it will run.

If restarting Windows and removing the heap memory argument doesn't help, then something else is preventing the SkyProc from starting.

Thanks for replying,

I do not have that argument in place. I wouldn't know where to look for it, I mean the ini change in Java not in MO, I made some adjustments using advice from a thread here for getting PaMa to work that I can no longer find, but since I completely re-installed Java the changes I made will no longer be in place. I re-installed the patchers as well and all point to the correct place. No clue as to what caused it all to change. Nothing on the Internet it would seen either. So likely it is something that has been changed in the registry perhaps. Not sure how to get into that in win7 but I guess there will be instructions on the on-line for that. Bloody windows updates (the only thing that happened between skyproc working one day and not the next, though rolling back did not solve it).

If I can't find a solution I guess I will have to wait for DA:I and leave skyrim alone for a bit.

::(:

Edited by Smile44

@Smile44

Can you run the *.jar files from outside of MO? Theoretically all MO is doing is setting up the same commands as would be entered at the console, so if it they won't run from MO, maybe they won't run anywhere!

For me I can just double-click on any *.jar and Java takes control and executes. If that doesn't happen then those filetypes are not registered in Windows correctly. Some archive programs, or tools that use an archive plugin, sometimes wrongly takeover that filetype.

If that is the case then at least one variable has been eliminated from the problem. It's just curious that you, and others, with the exact setup I have are experiencing this when I have never seen it. My system is always updated so anything from Windows you got, I would have gotten too.

Well no I can't it seems. If I double click on the .jar files nothing happens though the windows batch file in ASIS works. Clearly something is preventing java from running but I am at a loss to what. Everything on the web talks about re-installing java, I could not do this at all when I first encountered the problem I would get a 1603 error code which is something to with windows, then eventually it installed. But wont run apparently.

Tried that. Is it supposed to be just an .exe file that runs in about 2 seconds? That is what it did and seemed to say all was registered ok and should run on a double click. Problem still persists though.

By the way, my thanks to everyone trying to help me out here - much kudos traveling in your general directions.

::D:

Edited by Smile44

Yes I'm using the up to date version, I downloaded another version, tried it and it wouldn't install error code 1603. Tried to reinstall the other version and again same error. So for now problem is I do not have Java at all on my system as it wont install - yay. As before I will need to keep downloading until I get a copy that installs but surely something weird has happened in windows.

::(:

Edited by Smile44

Which version are you trying to install? Offline or online? Exe or archive?

I don't know if you came across this page , but I found it informative. While I don't endorse their breakfast suggestion (see the video at the bottom of the page), I do agree that since a 1603 error is so generic, you may have to resort to some brutal steps to overcome the many possible causes for it's occurrence.

I'm running windows 7, but this problem did occur after the last windows update. I will have a look at the page you suggest GrantSP, later when I have time. I have mainly tried to install the off line version of both x64 and x32 versions as I need both apparently. I had this problem earlier in the year not sure when exactly but I do know I reformatted C: at the start of September and re-installed everything - I do not know if that was due to this problem or something else, but much borking (good word Neo) had occurred and this was of a type I had not come across before including Java issues.

It may be my only recourse - not too huge a deal as all my games and files etc.. are on separate non system drives, but still a pain.

I know this is an old topic but I had the same issue and this was the first link when I did a search but it didn't fully solve my problem.  If anyone else has this problem and tried all of the above and it still fails....turn off WINDOWS DEFENDER.  Control panel > Windows Defender > Settings > uncheck the box.    You'll want to re-enable it when you're done.

Windows defender never triggers and error but once I turned it off, my skyproc patchers ran just fine. 

You still need 32-bit java, antivirus turned off, proper install into Mod Organizer, the -noboss tag and perhaps the memory tag (I didn't need the memory tag). I did all that first, rebooted,  but kept getting errors (even on minimal files set to on).  Once I turned off WIndows Defender all the skyproc patchers ran without issue.