Clothing & Clutter Fixes (by kryptopyr)

z929669

In any case, dragons do fly, and adherence to physics is just sensible, as it applies to most other aspects of the game. I can see how the weight changes make sense, but only if we have a story about the number of scales/bones are consumed to make the corresponding weapon/armor recipes. I am guessing the krypto made some rational choices and likely 'corrected' some blatant inconsistencies.

That is what she does.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weight changes to ingots and ores was made in order to try to make these materials more consistent with the items made from them. It made no sense to me that all of the ingots (which are the same size in game) weigh the same while the items (weapons & armor) that were made out of them were drastically different in weight. This change still doesn't make the weight ratios between all of the crafting recipes and their finished products entirely logical (in part because the weight of weapons scales differently than the armors), but I feel that it does help rationalize some of the difference in weight. I've made sure to keep light armor materials like quicksilver and moonstone less dense then corresponding "heavy" materials like Dwarven or Orichalcum.

With the dragon bones and scales, the ground models for these items are fairly small, not much larger than an ingot (the ground model for dragon bones also indicate that you're grabbing either smaller fragments or 'finger' bones). Also the ratios for constructing dragon armors and weapons out of bones and scales are very similar to the number of ingots required for other armors (this is the case both in the vanilla game and in CCO). Given this, I felt that the size/number of bones and scales that these items represented was pretty small...much smaller than their relative weight would suggest. There was nothing that I could find to justify the enormous weight given to these items. Even if dragon bones are not as light weight as bird bones, I doubt that they are more dense than solid metal or rock. Also, note that I lowered the value of the dragon bones and scales as well, in order to keep the price/weight ratios for these items the same as vanilla.

EDIT: I actually considered reducing the value of dragon parts significantly. There seem to be very few smiths in Skyrim who have the skill necessary to forge dragon equipment. And with no alchemical or other use, the value of dragon parts to most of Skyrim is going to be marginal at best. Unless you can forge the bones, they really only have value as a novelty item. I decided to keep the ratio the same as vanilla, but I feel it could be justifiably lowered (or perhaps an alternative solution would be to create some alchemical or other use for the parts, though that would be outside the scope of this mod).

If you tell everybody that powdered dragon bones double the size of your penis and splinters of dragon scales make powerful love potions' date=' I wonder how that would affect the value/weight ratio ;-)[/quote']

You're right.  I'm going to start blaming Brynjolf for their high value.  :)

• 1 year later...

I believe the version in WAF is the older one that should technically be overwritten.  However, the only difference between the two versions is that one will result in a notification message in the top left corner of the screen and one won't.  The one that doesn't show the notification message is the newer one. 

This script is only applied to a small handful of items, so even if you end up with the version that has the notification message, it isn't like the message is going to be spamming your screen every few minutes.  You'll probably see it maybe once or twice in an entire play-through.

Until WAF is updated again I'll change the STEP wiki instructions for CCF and WAF to use the newer script from CCF. When I read the scripts it looked like the CCF one was newer (there was an additional parameter on two of the calls).

At least what you added might reduce some of the PMOP questions. I moved the instructions you added on the script file from CCF to WAF. Since CCF installs first the script hiding in WAF is now needed if CCF is also used.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I just want to point out that both the STEP guide and the LOTDR guide say to install WAFR, CCOR and CCF, but in different order (left pane):

LOTDR mod order: CCOR, CCF, WAFR.

STEP mod order: CCF, WAFR, CCOR.

This results in resource conflicts:

(1) textures/CCOR/Armor/thievesguildarmorcapmv2a.dds is present in CFF, WAFR and CCOR.

(2) meshes/armor/circlets/femelfcircles/circletf9.nif is present in CCF and CCOR.

(3) meshes/armor/circlets/femelfcircles/circletf5.nif is present in CCF and CCOR.

(4) meshes/armor/circlets/femelfcircles/circletf2.nif is present in CCF and CCOR.

(5) meshes/armor/dbarmor/dbarmorhoodmaskless_arg_0.nif is present in CCF and WAFR.

(6) meshes/armor/dbarmor/dbarmorhoodmaskless_arg_1.nif is present in CCF and WAFR.

(7) meshes/armor/dbarmor/dbarmorhoodmaskless_kha_0.nif is present in CCF and WAFR.

(8) meshes/armor/dbarmor/dbarmorhoodmaskless_kha_1.nif is present in CCF and WAFR.

(9) scripts/WAF_ArmorSwapScript.pex is present in CCF and WAFR.

Which should be the correct mod order?

Thank you.