Stumped on Making Merge Patch with Creation Kit

alexbeugelsdijk

Question

I'm using Creation Kit for the first time and I'm having some problems creating a compatibility patch for Ultimate Whiterun and ELFX to fix some floating torches, maybe someone can help me out.

Here is what I am doing: I use Mod organizer to load creation kit, select the Skyrim.esm, Update.esm and the two mods, and load the worldspace where the floating torches are located. I move the torches so they are no longer floating and save my changes to a new plugin. I enable the plugin and move it to the very bottom of my load order, however when I start a new game and go to the location of the floating torches, they are still there, floating.

I have also tried cutting and pasting the torches in the new location and also tried duplicating the torches, moving the new ones to the correct location, and setting the misplaced ones to "initially disabled". Both ways in game resulted in a set the torches in the correct location and a set still floating. What am I doing wrong?

4 answers to this question

Finally figured it out. I had to follow the directions from this website on how to make your plugin dependent on another mod.

https://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Adding_a_Follower_NPC_to_Skyrim#Make_your_plugin_dependant_on_the_other_mod

Here is the working compatibility patch if anyone wants it:

https://www.filedropper.com/whitex-elfx_1