17 replies to this topic

#16 torminater

torminater

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

I'ld go for 2k DDS with 1k normals plus sheson's memory patch. Then thrust up the ugrids to 9 or 11 and break hell loose! ;-) Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

#17 DanielCoffey

DanielCoffey

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

One thing to check before whacking up the grids is what resolution you are playing at. For 1080p, go for it but if you are at 1440p I would stick to 7 ugrids and maybe dial back the AA somewhat. With 1440p the AA is less noticeable. In a couple of weeks I will be able to give another datapoint when my new PC is built - it will be a 4770K, 780 Ti, 16Gb on a 1440p monitor. Since it will be fully water-cooled I will be pushing a good over clock too. I am watching the SR:LE ENB discussion with interest since Unreal Cinema is now behind. It may be time to dive into the ENB .fx files to learn how they work.

#18 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,290 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

The new 2.2.8 STEP guide (in dev) details some of the ideal settings for high-end cards to maximize quality/performance. Things like FPS limit, driver-side SSAA/vsync/triple buffering. The new guide URL can be extrapolated from the URL of the current guide. ENBoost + Mempatch 3.0 obviate the need to worry too much about 1k versus 2k textures any longer (on higher-end 64-bit systems anyway). It is now more about CPU/GPU bottlenecks than it is about VRAM for RAM-heavy systems with modern GPUs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users