Vibrancy an ENB Series adaptation

frihyland

Is there a good setting for AMD users for the Kage ENB yet? I absolutely love the way this looks but apparently the new Kage has a terrible performance impact for AMD users.

that was enb .111 the latest .112 works fine for amd reportedly (I'm nvidia myself so I can't confirm)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a good setting for AMD users for the Kage ENB yet? I absolutely love the way this looks but apparently the new Kage has a terrible performance impact for AMD users.

that was enb .111 the latest .112 works fine for amd reportedly (I'm nvidia myself so I can't confirm)

Man, I dunno what it is but I go from 45-52 FPS down to 22-28 FPS with this activated.

Man, I dunno what it is but I go from 45-52 FPS down to 22-28 FPS with this activated.

Most likely is the SSAO then, try disabling it and see what your FPS is like. Also I'd recommend using some form of FPS limiter and limit it to approx ~35-40 (lower than 32 means long loadtimes), that way your computer won't constantly be trying to go higher than a steady value, increasing performance.

Most likely is the SSAO then, try disabling it and see what your FPS is like. Also I'd recommend using some form of FPS limiter and limit it to approx ~35-40 (lower than 32 means long loadtimes), that way your computer won't constantly be trying to go higher than a steady value, increasing performance.

That gained me about 2 - 3 FPS. I am standing in a spot now where with it on I get 30.5 and off I am at a solid 60. 30 FPS hit is pretty massive.

Did you follow all the steps on the nexus page to configure? Make sure you are using the high performance enb.ini and that you edit it to set ssao and dof to false.

Disabling the DOF helped. I am not 40 and above. Thank you sir.

Hi AngryEeyore! Love that name by the way.

I noticed your comments on our thread and was wondering if you had also tried changing ForceVideoCard to true in the enbseries ini and also changing these lines in the enbseries ini to:

[sHADOW]

ShadowCastersFix=false

ShadowQualityFix=false

ShadowObjectsFix=true

DetailedShadowQuality=1

UseBilateralShadowFilter=false

I saw Kyo and UnrealWarfare had recommended these to you on the comments and wasn't sure if you had seen these or tried them yet. These are also possible fps increasers for ATI. I've been having a little trouble with my internet and just saw these this morning. If you haven't tried these then give them a shot and let us know how it works for you. Thanks. Posted Image

Just wanted to let you know that Boris has released KAGE 0.113 with REAL sun rays. We are currently testing it out but here's a couple of quick pics I took with it. This is just dropping it in and running with it. This looks so cool when the sun rays are shining through the trees. I'll get some better pics later. :)

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559817385110364698/FEC018E864BB2701028225AA6B11CF48E81027BE/

https://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559817385110408186/F2DDBF0FFDF6C1DD84713C0E6FAA9EE30EB923B0/

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559817385110422960/F00A1D4EC1E305F001EBC364F1EE474F840A1F05/

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559817385110440614/2EA8516ECF84BDF0830AA9FF4BBD8D31D1EF376D/

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559817385110449999/A50165906E084A599B98C4080C9CD06A270199F2/

Very nice addition for immersion. :)

Edit: Just letting anyone who is interested know that Vibrancy 4.0 with 0.113 KAGE is now out and Pure will be released soon also.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=17232

Just downloaded V4 with sunrays :DAny progress on the really dark nights and dungeons? I want a mandatory torches version when underground or between midnight and 4am.

We made the 4.0 a little darker than the other versions but let me know if it's not dark enough for you. We are discussing releasing a bright and dark version so people don't have to tweak it themselves. Just give us some feedback on it and we will go from there. :)

Edit: Thought I would drop by with a few more shots of the 0.113 sun rays.

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559817385132521019/5DF0E72BB1780690D324A81FA294ECD01C900BCB/

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559817385132502943/138A387C258304ADADB613B3689C5BD4EAC4E19B/

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559817385132533123/D18309DB5391495DDAE58C64CF74194FEFFF0F6F/

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559817385132545561/FFC86DA150F19A53EEB70C205EDE1D827568E444/

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559817385132481526/6C47F7D66E932959FD819D67A8D40468277AEE5F/

I have tried about 15 or so ENB setups, and they never looked good to me, always came back to URWL in the end.

That was then. I downloaded and tried at Vibrancy ENB v4.0, and thought, hey, this is actually close to what I would like!

So after some extensive testing (re installing Skyrim, redoing STEP, bla bla etc etc), and tweaking, I finally have a good ENB setup :)

Using High Performance version with no DOF or SSAO, 8xSMAA coupled with 8xTRSSAA, 1920x1080, weather effects, sun rays, and shadows. Dropped CLO and RLwC; still decided to go with URWL. Some more tweaks such as lowering color saturation and decreasing washed out brightness look and voila, magnificence!

However, when toggling the ENB on and off ingame, I get a 20fps drop when activated. Thats with high performance version and no DOF or SSAO. Thats fine because I was at 60fps average beforehand, but its still seems a little steep considering the options I chose. Oh well, cant have everything in life :cool:

I have tried about 15 or so ENB setups, and they never looked good to me, always came back to URWL in the end.

That was then. I downloaded and tried at Vibrancy ENB v4.0, and thought, hey, this is actually close to what I would like!

So after some extensive testing (re installing Skyrim, redoing STEP, bla bla etc etc), and tweaking, I finally have a good ENB setup :)

Using High Performance version with no DOF or SSAO, 8xSMAA coupled with 8xTRSSAA, 1920x1080, weather effects, sun rays, and shadows. Dropped CLO and RLwC; still decided to go with URWL. Some more tweaks such as lowering color saturation and decreasing washed out brightness look and voila, magnificence!

However, when toggling the ENB on and off ingame, I get a 20fps drop when activated. Thats with high performance version and no DOF or SSAO. Thats fine because I was at 60fps average beforehand, but its still seems a little steep considering the options I chose. Oh well, cant have everything in life :cool:

Good advice. We need a few post-processing-knowledgeable modders to work on a Wiki guide to PP (MW25, Vond, s4n, and Fri all come to mind for starters ...).

Of course, this is just my own selfishness, as I have played very little with PP variants and would like to pick a setup from a few screens and follow the instructions ;)

:D

I have tried about 15 or so ENB setups' date=' and they never looked good to me, always came back to URWL in the end.That was then. I downloaded and tried at Vibrancy ENB v4.0, and thought, hey, this is actually close to what I would like!So after some extensive testing (re installing Skyrim, redoing STEP, bla bla etc etc), and tweaking, I finally have a good ENB setup :)Using High Performance version with no DOF or SSAO, 8xSMAA coupled with 8xTRSSAA, 1920x1080, weather effects, sun rays, and shadows. Dropped CLO and RLwC; still decided to go with URWL. Some more tweaks such as lowering color saturation and decreasing washed out brightness look and voila, magnificence!However, when toggling the ENB on and off ingame, I get a 20fps drop when activated. Thats with high performance version and no DOF or SSAO. Thats fine because I was at 60fps average beforehand, but its still seems a little steep considering the options I chose. Oh well, cant have everything in life :cool:[/quote']

Thanks for the kind words (and endorsing :D ). We really appreciate it. Hmm, wow a 20 fps drop with no SSAO or DOF is really steep though. I just dropped in real quick since we are in the middle of finishing up a few final tweaks to our standalone version before uploading it. As soon as I am done with that I will go back through the 4.0 settings and see what could possibly be causing that and make any needed adjustments. The fps hit should be a lot more comparable to the 3.0 and since frihyland reported only a 4 fps hit and yours is 20 something is screwy somewhere. I'll find out what the problem is as soon as we finish up and let you know what I find out. And thanks for your feedback and support. :thumbsup:

I'm only using smaa and no other aa, and testing with a clean install with just vibrancy mods and USKP. I am also doing my testing as an average fps from new game start up to just before entering the helgen dungeons, its an extremely good place to test as it includes so many scripts and effects running at once. I need to rerun it for version 4 and using 2 full runthroughs one vanilla and one vibrancy to compare properly.

Yes, the smaa makes a big difference also with your fps. I wouldn't consider playing without it myself. Well, still doing some tweaking and testing on the standalone. Our testers have reported better fps with this one (we are only testing on high quality for now) and are more than happy with the new version. Hopefully we will have it ready for release later tonight or tomorrow. I will let you know as soon as it's up. Normally the best we feel about one is semi-satisfied but I have to admit we are a tiny bit proud of this one. I'll get back with you later as soon as things calm down a little.

Good advice. We need a few post-processing-knowledgeable modders to work on a Wiki guide to PP (MW25' date=' Vond, s4n, and Fri all come to mind for starters ...).

Of course, this is just my own selfishness, as I have played very little with PP variants and would like to pick a setup from a few screens and follow the instructions ;)[/quote']

Wiki sounds like a good idea. Ill be back to editing next week or the week after, and can start a PP wiki.

:D Thanks for the kind words (and endorsing :D ). We really appreciate it. Hmm' date=' wow a 20 fps drop with no SSAO or DOF is really steep though. I just dropped in real quick since we are in the middle of finishing up a few final tweaks to our standalone version before uploading it. As soon as I am done with that I will go back through the 4.0 settings and see what could possibly be causing that and make any needed adjustments. The fps hit should be a lot more comparable to the 3.0 and since frihyland reported only a 4 fps hit and yours is 20 something is screwy somewhere. I'll find out what the problem is as soon as we finish up and let you know what I find out. And thanks for your feedback and support. :thumbsup:[/quote']

Im excited about the new version, cant wait :) Had a little bit of time on skyrim and tested out fps drop some more by toggling ENB on and off ingame. I would like to correct my earlier mention of 20fps to 10fps on average. Its only on really graphically heavy scenes (lots of grass, forest, water, mobs, etc) that i get more of an fps drop of an average of 13fps.

I wouldnt worry to much about figuring out why the fps drop is higher on my setup, but thanks for considering. As i mentioned i dropped CLO for URWL, which may adversely affect fps more. I was also running at uGrids=7, so that may have an effect as well. Furthermore, I have custom high shadows, which may also adversely impact, etc etc :) In any case, I doubt its an issue with your ENB. Its probably something to with all my customization.

Something im curious about though is the toggle on/off function. While it does undo lighting, weather, shadows, colors, etc, it doesn't seem to affect SMAA, which remains on when ENB is toggled off. Is this normal?

I also get a very white snow on some mountain rocks. Its not frequent, and the other snow covered rocks surrounding it are normal. An idea as to if this is something to do with an ENB setting?

Posted Image