Vibrancy an ENB Series adaptation

frihyland

I scanned the settings in the High Performance version and didn't find anything that should be giving you that much of a hit. And since we haven't had other comments about it being that much I have to agree that it is probably due to the additional customization that you have done. My best guess is it is due to URWL and your custom shadow settings since we are using Boris's tweaks for the pixel by pixel shadows and Skyrim's shadows are notorious for being fps intensive. And of course more uGrids = more rendering so that could have some bearing on it too.

You know, I so rarely toggle ENB completely off I hadn't actually noticed that about the SMAA but now you have me a little curious so I will be checking that out later.

And I have been to a LOT of different areas in Skyrim for testing and occasionally actually PLAYING my game for a change and never had the bright snow issue. Since we haven't had anyone else report that either I am going to have to say that is probably texture related. If it were an ENB issue it would be a lot more global than just a few isolated areas.

And I posted some new screenshots of the upcoming Pure standalone version on page 5 of our Bethesda thread if anyone is interested in checking them out. I don't know if anyone has seen them yet since they are kind of buried in there but here is a link if you want to have a look at what we have been up to. :)

https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1378303-vibrancy-enb-series/page__st__120

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wiki sounds like a good idea. Ill be back to editing next week or the week after, and can start a PP wiki.

Something im curious about though is the toggle on/off function. While it does undo lighting, weather, shadows, colors, etc, it doesn't seem to affect SMAA, which remains on when ENB is toggled off. Is this normal?

Let's finish the testing guide before moving on to other projects please. :D

SMAA is a separate mod and has its own toggle key. Check the ini I forget what it is by default.

Hey guys. Thanks for all of your feedback and support. We really appreciate it. So a little announcement here before I post it anywhere else.

We have decided to release the new standalone version on it's own page rather than the Vibrancy page for several different reasons.

Since it is a standalone trying to mix the installation instructions with Vibrancy's would be confusing at best. Also we will have different recommended mods for this one. So to cut down on the confusion we will be releasing this separately on it's own page. Right now we are going with what we have been calling it in development so unless something changes it will be Pure Vibrancy ENB.

We are shooting for the release tomorrow and as soon as we have it ready I will let you know and post a link.

So as much as I hate to write another description page, I will bravely soldier on and get it done as quickly as possible. Just thought I would keep you informed of our new plan for the release. If all goes as planned it will be available early tomorrow.

I'll be back. :)

Just a quick update. I spoke a little too soon about the release. We are making some more changes that will make this one look even better so we are tweaking and testing right now to try to get the best look we possibly can. As soon as it's ready I will let you know. One or two days at the most. :)

Thanks for your patience. We had a couple of ideas we wanted to try before we finalized it and it is coming out really well so we just want to make some changes before the release. I will let you know when we are ready to upload it. :)

Looking forward to this. I had stopped using ENB altogether due to performance hit but with the developments added by Boris for shadows I wanted to give it another shot and I like your take on things (after adjustments made with Imaginator).

One thing that has stuck me looking at various 'realistic' attempts with ENB mods is that peoples perception of what is imitating 'real' imagery must be coloured by where they live. I live in England and we don't get that many really bright sunny days ;) so a deep contrast between light and shadow feels 'wrong' to me, as I expect to be able to see quite a lot of detail within a shadowed area. Likewise glaringly bright reflections from objects and surroundings seems 'unreal'. But I guess for someone from further south that would look right and natural as they get a larger percentage of days in the year with that type of contrast.

Sorry just me rambling :P Keep up the good work Staynd :)

Looking forward to this. I had stopped using ENB altogether due to performance hit but with the developments added by Boris for shadows I wanted to give it another shot and I like your take on things (after adjustments made with Imaginator).One thing that has stuck me looking at various 'realistic' attempts with ENB mods is that peoples perception of what is imitating 'real' imagery must be coloured by where they live. I live in England and we don't get that many really bright sunny days ;) so a deep contrast between light and shadow feels 'wrong' to me' date=' as I expect to be able to see quite a lot of detail within a shadowed area. Likewise glaringly bright reflections from objects and surroundings seems 'unreal'. But I guess for someone from further south that would look right and natural as they get a larger percentage of days in the year with that type of contrast.Sorry just me rambling :P Keep up the good work Staynd :) [/quote']

Glad you are enjoying it. We will also be updating Vibrancy to 5.0 with a lot of improvements not long after we release the standalone.

Lol. Yes, I know what you mean about different interpretations of "realistic" depending on where you live. I actually live in Florida and it looks a lot like what I am used to. It's really funny you should mention that because earlier today when I was outside I looked at the sky and was thinking how much it looked like the sky in Skyrim. (Enough "skies" for you? :P ) I almost took a picture just to upload it with a pic of our sky and show how similar they were. I kind of wish I would have done that now.

So yes, I agree that your region does have a lot to do with your idea of "realistic". I was always curious about how people in less sunny areas think our version of Skyrim looks. I imagine to you it may look a little overdone but to me that is what "realistic" looks like. So interesting to hear someone else's views on it. :)

I also tend to put "realistic" in quotes (and I see you do the same ;) ) because in the end no matter how good the graphics are it is still just a game. :)

I'd prefer any "realistic" ENB configs to resemble the look of Norway, Alaska or Siberia, seeing that they're the closest geographically to what Skyrim province should look like.

Is this more what you are looking for?

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/98425

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/Images/97965

And if you notice, this is not called Realistic ENB. It is called Vibrancy for a reason. More vibrant colors and effects. We actually had a Cold Vibrancy version that was more along the lines you are speaking of but only a very few people downloaded it so we decided to drop that one. Now we are just going with what we like and use in our own games. I find it just a little silly that people get so hung up on what their version of realistic is. If we want realistic, then it's time to take a break and go for a nice walk outside.

But if everyone had the same taste then there would only be one ENB on Nexus instead of the sea of them that are now available. If you don't like this one there are plenty more to choose from. Hope you find one that fits what you personally like. :)

I'd prefer any "realistic" ENB configs to resemble the look of Norway, Alaska or Siberia, seeing that they're the closest geographically to what Skyrim province should look like.

Is this more what you are looking for?

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/98425

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/Images/97965

And if you notice, this is not called Realistic ENB. It is called Vibrancy for a reason. More vibrant colors and effects. We actually had a Cold Vibrancy version that was more along the lines you are speaking of but only a very few people downloaded it so we decided to drop that one. Now we are just going with what we like and use in our own games. I find it just a little silly that people get so hung up on what their version of realistic is. If we want realistic, then it's time to take a break and go for a nice walk outside.

But if everyone had the same taste then there would only be one ENB on Nexus instead of the sea of them that are now available. If you don't like this one there are plenty more to choose from. Hope you find one that fits what you personally like. :)

+1