aMidianborn Imperial Forts (by CaBaL)

lubojart

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49710/?

Title says it all. Thoughts?

MT Notes

AMB Imperial Forts & Vivid Landscapes - Imperial Forts
  • MT Notes:
    • EssArrBee - "I have done initial compares and plan to do some mix and match with these. If using VL remember it is EXTERIOR ONLY and cannot be overwritten. Also, there might be some stuff for interiors in the latest update so be aware."
  • To Do Notes:
    • Compare against SRO (current STEP) and VL for exteriors
    • Compare against SRO for interiors.
    • Side note: VL cannot be overwritten mixed with other mods do to changing the meshes for parallax.
    • VL 4.2 has some interior meshes, so it nay have interior textures as well, needs verification.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far superior with my ENB over vanilla and SRO imo.

I like the transition from grey rock to a more weathered and grey/brownish look.

Ofc. this depends on what other mods you use, but overall this was the texture overhaul for forts I was waiting for.

I think it's hard to tell by these screenshots. Afterall, the imperial forts aren't exactly the most diversely detailed areas of the game. The screenshots just don't look that impressive to me. Perhaps SRO is even less impressive. I'm really not sure. My PC is down at the moment so if someone would want to put together a comparison between this and SRO, that would be cool.

This is vastly superior to SRO forts. SRO is really good for some thing, but architecture is not one of them. For whatever reason there is a lacking in imperial forts rextextures on the nexus, so this easily takes its place as the best one out there. There are some flaws in it, at least as I have used it. Namely it gets rid of moss, which is an artistic choice cabal has made, and the distant LOD doesn't quite match up with the rextexture just yet, although he expressed some interest in fixing that. The tiling is great though, the exterior brick texture and normal maps are all really clean and very detailed, but not busy. Its just another great work from cabal.

edit: Cabal has a version with moss on there now and rounded stones that match the default LOD. Its ready for STEP at any time IMO.

This is vastly superior to SRO forts. SRO is really good for some thing, but architecture is not one of them. For whatever reason there is a lacking in imperial forts rextextures on the nexus, so this easily takes its place as the best one out there. There are some flaws in it, at least as I have used it. Namely it gets rid of moss, which is an artistic choice cabal has made, and the distant LOD doesn't quite match up with the rextexture just yet, although he expressed some interest in fixing that. The tiling is great though, the exterior brick texture and normal maps are all really clean and very detailed, but not busy. Its just another great work from cabal.

edit: Cabal has a version with moss on there now. Just waiting on the distant LOD fix and its pat and perfect.

Do you use Cabal's landscape mod as well? Or do you use SRO for that? The screenshots most likely do not do this mod justice. Two of you have said that it looks better than SRO forts so I will definitely give it a try. Thanks for the feedback. My computer is currently down so I cannot play Skyrim myself. I currently have to rely on all of your feedback. Thanks.

Should this be installed before or after Project Parallax Remastered?

I'm using all of his landscape mods on top of SRO and am very happy with it - the Forts, caves and mines have all the detail and atmosphere you could possibly want IMHO.

:)

EDIT: Actually on my current test I've got them loaded after the Vivid mods in SR so not entirely accurate in my last statement.