aMidianborn Imperial Forts (by CaBaL)

lubojart

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heheh the usual posts from angel....full of prejudice and hate without reason for my work...i kinda missed them, or maybe not.

like socks, you can find these things in places where you never expect,i was googling for a fishing rod right now.... imagine ...lol.

socks are smart...very smart but not dangerous luckly.

i wish such an authority would comment on nexus so to free him from the pain to download my mods once and forever.

luckly people is not always full of hate and anytime say other things ... ANY time :)

a quick stop to let the other members know that forts have been redone and are currently available on nexus.

usual 3 resolution options 2k /4k/1k.

uploading files as we speak

I really like the new version. I didn't like several of the textures in first version, but this one is really nice. The style changed and I think for the better.

However, after downloading the 4k version I am a little disappointed to see few of the textures are apparently upscales from 2k version with some additional detail put in. I'm not saying they are bad, but it seems pointless to do this when the source material is not suitable for 4k. The other part of the 4k textures really look like being true 4k though, and I love them.

The normal maps are awesome though, and I grabbed those from 4k and overwrote the 2k version with them.

Oh btw, the 2k version contains 4k version of impwall04.dds. Not very important, but you might want to reupload it at some point or something.

Edited by Octopuss

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

For the majority aMidianborn looks the best suited, only in some odd places that change the vanilla style, otherwise those interior walls/floors are nice improvements.

SRO seems to apply noise and is no longer used to justify people unpacking. VL looks strange without ENBs and brown colours. Perhaps a mix-match with aMidianborn and Vanilla HD is the best option?

edit: The outside walls look quite bad imo, forts are meant to be strong buildings made with large stones. aMidianborn uses many small stones that would've taken ages to build and seems impractical. I can understand the hassle it takes to review such changes.

Edited by Sixxness

After testing, I approve of the current version of this mod and recommend it for STEP inclusion.

Has anything changed since the last time we put this through testing? I've gone back and read the results and even you voted no in the end. I'm afraid if it hasn't been updated, then my analysis is not likely to change.

I wasn't keen on most of the screenshots I saw earlier in the forum honestly - any of them (SRO, VL, AMB... I actually by and large liked HighRes DLC better).  The current version of this looks much improved though to me, I'm gonna pop it in right now and have a go.