ENB Customizer

frihyland

The only problem with this is that it makes such global changes. ENB configs are complicated and a LOT of the individual parameters affect each other so when you fix one thing then something else gets screwed up. I think it's a great idea in theory but since the parameters are so intertwined it would be very difficult to make changes without also affecting something that you don't mean to. You are a lot better off if you want to make any changes to customize your ENB to your particular taste by actually making the individual changes in your inis. A little more hassle but much better for fine tweaking. Also, some ENB configs that incorporate other mods (ours uses CLO and RLWC) would be extremely difficult to make proper changes with since some of the parameters may be tied in to other mods not supported by this tool. For instance, to change the brightness or darkness with our mod the best way is to make the changes in the realistic lighting ini rather than in the ENB ini. So that's another thing you have to take into account. While I do think this is a very cool idea, I think there are so many variables that it will be very difficult to get this to function exactly as the author intends.

Yeah this has a long way to go before it can be used to customize an already existing enb, primarily at this stage its good for making your own enb from scratch. There has for instance been a lot of interest in just using the new ENB shadows feature so turn shadows up and everything else down and you have a good place to start. At present this is more a tool to do the heavy lifting, fine tuning will still require manual editing.

Valid points Staynd :) Btw I assume your mod would be the Vibrancy ENB from your post in the other thread. Can you be classed as an actual mod author? Or is your part in this as a tester or something other?

Either way very glad to see you on our forum and look forward to your participation. The more folks we get with RL modding experience and knowledge the better ;)

As to this tool I think it is still of use to those who shy away from getting into the guts of things in .ini files, rather like Imaginator. It at least allows them some control. I myself have rarely used ENB because of the performance hit in the past but it offers so many improvements even in it's basic form (shadows, etc) that it is rapidly becoming a 'must have' - I guess that means having to learn even more technical detail :P Heh, all good fun really, lol.

Btw I am one of the STEP crew still using RLwC because of a limited PC system so I have a strong interest in your mod if I can reduce the performance hit to a minimum.

I do a lot more than just testing but Kyo does the vast majority of the coding since he is insanely quick at it and knows some tricks that I don't yet. He does some very unique things with ENB and breaks quite a few rules with it so it's really fun working with him and picking his brain. I have another version in the works also but it will take me quite a bit longer than Kyo to get everything just right. The man is a coding machine!

I tell you what Bealdwine. Just let me know which version you want to use (I recommend the 3.0 for now) and shoot me a pm on Nexus since I'm on there quite a bit and I will help you tweak it for your pc.