TK Children (by tktk1)

Redferne

Discussion topic:

TK Children by tktk1

Wiki Link

Hi all, I'm surprised no one already posted a thread for this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49756/? Description: This mod modifies child faces for giving some variation. Adds eight hairs for child, and face is editable in CK. Face modeling is based on parents and personality. Babette wears a dark brotherhood cloth. Aeta wears a skaal cloth. I find it very lore friendly and it make children a lot less creepy.

Making the children look different from each other is a good idea for a mod. I agree that they look a little bit manga. Some of them look pretty weird, but others look decently realistic. Maybe someone could look at the mod in the Creation Kit and see which kids look best.

• 2 months later...

Xvision Children - Redone (the one on the Nexus) works well enough (and is far more complete and polished than TK Children) but it messes up children npc's added by other mods unless a patch has been made. ETAC is one such example, there's currently no compatibility between ETAC and Xvision Children - Redone. :(

"bigger head" mod is available that de-manga's them a bit, also Prince-n-Pauper and USKP compatibility. Throw in Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions and a nice home like the Druids Den Collector's Edition (with beds for four children) and you can start your own Dova-dynasty.

So it won't screw up children added by other mods? That's all I want, I don't care if ETAC Children are potato heads, but I don't want them to become bald, bug eyed monsters because of some conflict. :p

My kids, real or imaginary, never became "bald bug eyed monster" (monsters on occasion). Your mileage may vary, and I haven't tried more than one kid mod at time. I like PnP to give some variety to other peoples kids appearance, and TK with bigger heads to make my adopted critters a bit more normal looking when I come home to drop off loot.

edit: I have adopted Blaise, Runa and Sofie with this mod installed. All had their appearance altered, and I didn't notice a sub-surface scattering issue (with Serenity ENB in the Druids Den kids in various PnP garb, although I wasn't really looking for an SSS issue so not a great test). According to the posts on the Nexus only the vanilla/DLC kids are included, so Inconsequential and other added kids will likely be "potato heads".  

Edited by redirishlord

My kids, real or imaginary, never became "bald bug eyed monster" (monsters on occasion). Your mileage may vary, and I haven't tried more than one kid mod at time. I like PnP to give some variety to other peoples kids appearance, and TK with bigger heads to make my adopted critters a bit more normal looking when I come home to drop off loot.

Well, Xvision Childen Redone appears to affect all children, including those added by other mods which is a royal compatibility pain in the arse. I'm going to try TK Childen, and it's all totally your fault!

Edited by Kuldebar

Get back on the subject of the OP please. If you wish to discuss some of the other mods discussed here please post on their mods pages or create them if they don't exist. If you wish to discuss videos not related to the mods please do so in the Banter Inn; that is after all the area designed for such posts.

Well, not the first time I've been blamed for children ...

https://www.ifc.com/portlandia/videos/portlandia-pull-out-king

you're welcome btw.

Haha! Funneh!

STEP Mantra — Help us foster an environment that leverages your enthusiasm within a culture of good humor ... and rigorous analysis!

TK Children is very impressive, I've been using it now for 18 levels on a new character. I don't use the "Bigger Head" mod because based on comments, that mod also modifies the non-TK Children's skeletons...so I stayed away from using that one.

TK Children is superior to Xvision in the one area that matters most to me: it doesn't screw up children NPC's added by other mods. The urchins in Inconsequential NPC's, the children from Expanded Towns & Cities and other mods are left untouched.

• +1 1