Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

Maybe, I think not, it can apply AA without other effects, anyway the parameter should not work, if you can't see it on the ingame Alt+Enter panel, should do nothing...

Okay, I still have to play the game a bit a test. Just seen that bit on the newest release and it got my brain to thinking...not always a good thing. :ermm:

Hm, i have significatly worse performance with the Vanilla Version than with the Vivid version.

I have installed both times performance version and disabled Skylighting, SSAO, IBL, SoftParticles and enabled Water.

Yet i have about 3-4 less performance with the vanilla version than with the Vivid version.

very strange.

Well thats normal, the Vanilla version uses shaders from Prod80 and the Vivid shaders from Aiyen. So there will always be some kind of difference because of the gausian bluring alone that eats a few more FPS.

Hm, any way to disable that? Or would that drastically change the way the game looks. I quite like the Vanilla version with RCRN, but the additional 5fps impact is annoying :(

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings everyone.i would like to share something for you Vanilla users to try out. Vividian - Vanilla V6:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2ky9s86g3rlfujx/AADeKXZhWI90qi_mijwEISwPa?dl=0

I tryd to reproduce the look and feel of the 5.6 Vividian Vanilla version with the V6 shaders wich are ofcourse completley different.

I would say Exterior i might have suceed about 80-90%. Interior needs a bit work still to make it look the same.

Anyhow if any of you is willing to help me with opinions i would be thankful.

Greetings everyone.i would like to share something for you Vanilla users to try out. Vividian - Vanilla V6:

I tryd to reproduce the look and feel of the 5.6 Vividian Vanilla version with the V6 shaders wich are ofcourse completley different.

I would say Exterior i might have suceed about 80-90%. Interior needs a bit work still to make it look the same.

Downloaded, I'll try it out tomorrow and post anything useful if I found since I've only been using your vanilla version.

I did a quick test tonight!

Looking good overall so far.

One thing i noticed: When its getting dark around 6-7 pm the sky tends to get red from the sunset which is quite nice, but i think it should last a little longer. The red color fades away too fast imo and the night kicks in early.

I have played around with the daytime setting a little bit, but it seems the problem lies elsewhere.

Im using RCRN btw, but it doenst seem to be the problem. When i deactivate the ENB the sky is reddish again.

Hope thats somehow helpful ;) If you need more information, just say so.

thanks for the hint!can you try to play a bit with the dusk duration and sunset time?

Lets say lower the sunset time and make the dusk duration longer. I will also have a look as soon i am done with the CoT stuff here. 

But with RCRN the whole sunset stuff usually moved to happen earlier. They change the sun so at 18:00 the sun is much deeper (almost gone behind the mountains) than it would be without RCRN.

Oh i see, Then just follow the customation guide :)

Please also enable the Volumetric rays as many weathers simply depend on them.

Other than that i would recommend also to enable the Mist and see how it drains on you(basicly it should not). This will give back great atmosphere in distant mountains and many foggy and stormy weathers depends on them plus better

transitions to the sky. If you disable the Mist you might see some weird white  mountains in the distance on a darker sky.

Hi there,

i am trying to "lighten the load" a little of Vividian and Managaclub - you refered Nearox to a customisation guide.  I have looked on every tab on your page at nexus, ive downloaded both vivid and vanilla enb's and gone through every directory looking for a guide or a txt file and ive come up blank.

Can you please point me in the direction of the guide please?

My thanks,

**Edit**

In an attempt to help myself, I (rather tediously) worked my way through the effect section of the enbseries.ini and turned off only 1 effect at a time, went back in game with fraps and some other HWInfo running on my second screen and checked the difference.

The culprit is ambient occlusion.  With that on my FPS goes from 59 to 49 and the juddering starts.  I can have all the rest of the effects (that were set to true originally) still set to true and i go down to 58 fps and 60 a lot of the time.

I scrolled down to the SSAO section in the enbseries.ini and was slightly overwhelmed with all the controls for SSAO and so am now seeking a little advice on what all those controls do?  can I tone it down?

Alternatively - when I ran STPE:EXTENDED i was happily running SSAO through Nvidia Inspector - set to performance and I ensured it was working as intended through taking screenshots before and after and plants, rocks, trees on the ground all got their "SSAO shadowing" applied nicely.  Was only costing me 1-2 fps.  Verts SFO took its toll though with SSAO on, but i still managed to balance it.

What are medium or performance SSAO settings in your ENB please?

Cheers again

Edited by Heliadhel

For your convenience.... That should be about the lowest possible setting you can set the SSAO to without any major flickering or other artifacts appearing. You might have to adjust the amount and intensity settings ingame to suit your liking... but that should be about it. You can just copy paste into your enbseries.ini and replace. 

[sSAO_SSIL]
UseIndirectLighting=true
UseComplexIndirectLighting=false
UseComplexAmbientOcclusion=false
UseAmbientIndirectLighting=true
SamplingQuality=2
SamplingPrecision=2
SamplingRange=0.31
FadeFogRange=1.0

SizeScale=0.65
SourceTexturesScale=0.5

FilterQuality=2
FilterType=2
AOAmount=1.85
AOAmountInterior=1.75
ILAmount=2.0
ILAmountInterior=2.0
AOIntensity=1.5
AOIntensityInterior=1.0
AOType=1
AOMixingType=0
AOMixingTypeInterior=2
UseOldType=false
EnableDenoiser=true
EnableSupersampling=false
ILType=0
EnableComplexFilter=true

That is really kind of you Aiyen - thank you for taking the time.

I REALLY like the Vividian ENB, its very atmospheric (alongside ELFX).  however I also want to try our your one Skylight is it?  I remember seeing it mentioned during the step build.

how would you say Skylight and Vividian differ (you appear to contribute to them both).

For now however Im going to compare your info above with what I already have to try and understand WHY this is a nicely reduced SSAO load.

Cheers loads!

Skylight produce prettier dragon fires >_> 

I guess that would be my highly subjective and semi jokingly response to that questions!  :) 

If I have to be serious about it then I would say that vividian goes more towards realism then skylight. Also skylight have stronger colors to help emphasize the bloom more which is something I really like. But overall it cannot compete with vididan in terms of polish.. since I have not spent the amount of time manga and benhat have on making unique looking weathers and all the extra goodies you get there. 

I prefer to keep things really simple and effective, and some seem to think it also looks rather good. 

As for the SSAO... higher quality (larger texture size and detail levels) means less performance. There is not really much more to it then that.