Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

Issue would not be a general ENB one since it does relate to the shaders and how they are setup. 

I still have not had any luck in replicating it on my end, so still puzzled as to what specifically causes it. 

Looks like the same thing you get with the fire mesh and objects with transparency in them. If you look through the transparent part of the fire mesh, objects with transparency in them tend to revert back to a non-transparent state. This appears to be the same thing, just with the "glow mesh" from the staff. As far as I know, this is an engine limitation with transparencies and can't be fixed.

It largely does depend on how stong the mist effect is. With too high mist values the issue becomes more noticeable. At lower densities it can be removed entirely. But other then that you are correct that it is an issue with how transparent objects are dealt with. 

(This just relates to the staff issue, not the flare like behavior)

Greetings,

yes thats a confirmed bug with enb 0.266. Reverting to 0.262 should fix that.

Well, that's a shame, since there have be a lot of improvements, etc. since 0.262.

Issue would not be a general ENB one since it does relate to the shaders and how they are setup. 

I still have not had any luck in replicating it on my end, so still puzzled as to what specifically causes it. 

So, Aiyen, are we talking about ENB-supplied shaders, or ones specific to Vividian's ENB preset files?

If it's in ENB-supplied shaders, then has it been brought up to Boris? If yes - does anyone have any links to posts where the problem is described / discussed?

No the default files should not be able to produce this sort of issue... Also since I cannot reproduce it on my end with my mod list and others can, it most likely is some ini mod thingy. 

My main interest in this is that I wrote the base vividian shaders, and I have tested them with much more extreme conditions than manga use.... yet I do not have that sort of flare issue. Even when trying out his files I cannot reproduce it. Hence it is impossible for me to figure out why... and that sort of annoys me, since I do like a good puzzle. 

No the default files should not be able to produce this sort of issue... Also since I cannot reproduce it on my end with my mod list and others can, it most likely is some ini mod thingy.

My main interest in this is that I wrote the base vividian shaders, and I have tested them with much more extreme conditions than manga use.... yet I do not have that sort of flare issue. Even when trying out his files I cannot reproduce it. Hence it is impossible for me to figure out why... and that sort of annoys me, since I do like a good puzzle.

By "ini file thingy" do you mean skyrim/skyrimprefs.ini or something else? I ask because I could play with things a bit since it shows up for me.

I mean deviations from the default .ini files, as well as some mod that might somehow affect that specific texture or weather etc. Since manga does use all of the image space it can be because some mod cause highlights to blow out of proportions. 

If you can reliably reproduce it then I would be most interested in enbbloom.fx parameters. Since I would imagine that to be the most likely culprint. Mainly the multipliers as well as texture amounts I believe manga have added. 

Default skyrim ini´s etc is ofc. preferred just to eliminate that part. 

For starts I would try to lower the "pass strenght" variable from whatever it is currently at, and see if that resolves the issue entirely. Next to try to modify the Z values... this is all assuming they are still in the file, since I know manga have made a few changes. 

If nothing in the bloom file cause changes we will take it from there. Thanks in advance for helping out! 

• 2 weeks later...

heads up ! :)

New version released, hopefulyl fixing all reported bugs with bloom.

Version 6.520

Changed Mods:
Vividian - Weather Patch CoT.esp
Vividian - Weather Patch CoT - ESS.esp
Vividian - Weather Patch CoT - ESS + SS.esp
Vividian - Weather Patch Vanilla.esp

Vividian & Vivid
----------------
-Added over 70 Clouds to replace (made completely new) the Climates of Tamriel Clouds to the vivid clouds and fogs!
This one will provide proper cloud shadows and are available a highres and medres (original COT resolution) Almost a must have.
- Changed some more clouds for vanilla
- Massively changed the COT weather patch concerning cloud colors. Finally the over blooming and pure white clouds are gone that drove also the eye adaptation crazy (and us enb devs;).
As a result even not COT enb's will get more compatible with Cot
- Added SSS from this mod to support DLC's: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63441/
- Tweaked COT weathers so they are more compatible with the latest COT weather patches
- Enhanced more sun and gradient effects
- Re-tweaked the Vanilla weather patch concerning imagespaces for better sun stability during the day.

Vanilla only
------------
-Fixed a bad bug that caused nights to overbloom in hell and causing artefacts over the screen when using the cozzy interiors. (if it still happens please get back to me)

Extended Weathers
-----------------
Updated the COT weathers to be compatible with the latest changes to the COT patches

Edited by Mangaclub

I'm really wanting to test out and add the True Storms mod. From the videos I've seen, it's awesome. I'm curious how badly with conflicts with your weathers and what the results with be if True Storms overwrites them. The author says this:

If you REALLY want to try this with RCRN, Vividian, or any other weather mod, you can just place True Storms after those in your load order.  It will revert the colors/lighting to vanilla just for the rainy weathers, but won't break anything else.  The changes this makes are very simple.

Will it really "revert colors/lighting to vanilla for the rainy weathers"? He says he's working on a patch, but the patch for Vividian isn't "straightforward". Perhaps you could lend a helping hand if he needs it and if you have some time.

Okay, so against the vanilla weather patch nothing important is overwritten so its compatible with the vanilla weathers of vividian. Although with the COT weather patch of ours it looks ab it different. I used the TS - Cot weather patch version that bases on prod 80's weather patch. By using this, the Water changes we made to COT (fix pitch black water at daytime) will get reverted so the waters on such days will be back to dark blue or blackish.

Thats mostly it. The thing where TS is not compatible with are the Extended groundfogs. This will be a bit of headache for the author since we provide them as extra mod and do not include them in our weather patch. Although i think baout overworking that part anyhow, merging those into the weather patches and simplifly the user desissions in the installer.

Hi Mangaclub,

Thanks for a gorgeous ENB. I posted a problem with over bloom a while back. I noted a discussion at SR:LE feedback

statmonster, on 29 Mar 2015 - 08:32 AM, said:snapback.png

There is a very similar effect when you use the smelters on third person. I think this is because CCOR is adding a second smelter in order to get around some issue with experience from smelting in the third person. I think the overlapping items cause this intense bloom. (You can see its a second item because sand icing NPCs can come up and use the original smelter while you are still using the copy added by CCOR.).

Given that these duplicate smelters cause the bloom when first invoked I thought it might be a similar process occurring with carriages causing the bloom as you approach the outskirts of the towns.

I think this is the cause of the problem. I don't know that we will have a solution though. This problem may not be unique to your ENB. Vividian ENB is still my ENB of choice.

Edited by darkside

thanks. Uh ok yes that explains things. The only possible way to get rid of that is to reduce the bloom ammount. In that case Pass Strength is the option to look for. With Vividian 7 wich is actually in development this problem will be gone for sure becasue the bloom shaders are overwroked and changed dramaticly.

• +1 1