Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

@keit

RCRN. Hmmm actualy if you do not use the rcrn shader dll you can use it quiet well. Maybe some details here and there, distant fog and so on could look a bit strange. Juts make sure you use the rcrn patch thats delivered in the required files. I think within th next week i should cover all important Weather mods.

I haven't used the RCRN shader .dll in a long time. So I'm going to give Viv7 a try. Woot Woot!

EDIT:

First thing I noticed straight away is that the DoF settings in Viv7 are very different from 6.5x, but as far as I can tell the enbeffectprepass.fx code is still the one developed by Aiyen. It's just that now there are more .ini settings, and some of them are named differently.

So how can I get something approximating the DoF settings from Viv 6.5x? It's too "sensitive" to me and the focal depth is too short now...

I played with the settings in the GUI just in the first section (camera), and it's a little better now. I just don't want to mess things up.

EDIT 2:

Other observations - and keep in mind this is with the Vividian - Vivid 6.5x RCRN weathers plugin, plus my custom patched mix of ELFX Enhancer edits:

There's noticeably more bloom, which gives a hazy, Vaseline on the lens impression that results in lower contrast. A bit too much bloom for my liking, so I'll have to figure out which settings I need to change to reduce that. This is particularly evident inside Dragonsreach, which makes it too bright inside at day, as compared with Viv - Vivid 6.5x.

I know with my mix of plugins it's not ideal, but I'm just comparing the enb presets only, with no changes in the load order.

Don't get me wrong, though - there's a lot of things I'm really liking from what I've seen so far. :)

Edited by keithinhanoi

Heads up

Vividian 7 a3 will hit the Server tonight. a lot of weathers where retweaked concerning lighting, fog and sky. Also new Climates of Tamriel Weather patches are in there now. Those are melted with the Diverse weathers now and updated with the WAO weather chances(thanks to unmeix!wink.gif. That means you will experience a wider range of weathers per region now and at the same time the Weather patch acts like a compatibility patch wich makes COT compatible with PW, NLA and RCRN.

@keithinhanoi

Ohhboy so much edits! :D  Please do not edit important informations... the forum doesnt notice me about this.

Just copy the enbeffectprefass files from the V6 and it will be back. Still fiddling around with that DOF ;)

I must say, i didnt touched RCRN at all yet so it could be the rcrn bloom kicks in there.

The new alpha lowered the imagespace bloom values so this should be a bit better.

Wow.. you actually still use that piece of... highly performing yet kinda meh looking DoF file! :P 

Guess I should try to see if I could develop a few more things into it if you plan on sticking with it. Have been trying to teach the benhat in the ways of the DoF... anyways.. as always, you got my number! :P 

@aiyen

Yeees i do :D Benhat already gave me a new one though ;)

Btw:

VIVIDIAN 7 - a4 Is now available! It comes with PW,RCRN and NLA weather support.

Also the nights have been overworked on all weathers. I had to disable all Lens effects from the extended Lens effects for now. Those simply wont work out the way i expected.

Also there where some more Clouds added to be fully compatible with Pure weather. Enjoy! Next update will be with Brighter/Darker nights and interior options.

Hi all,

I'm currently using STEP Extended with the Weather and Lighting Pack (and some other stuff).

I'm also using the Vividian Vivid ENB as per recommendation from the W&L Pack.

It looks great but one thing that i don't particularly like is the darkness in dungeons/caves. Is there a setting in the Latest Stable Vividian Vivid Version i can tinker with in order to brighten things up a bit?

The W&L Pack uses COT, ELE & ELFX. I was considering dropping one of these but i'm not sure that would give me the right effect, and don't wanna screw up the settings since everything is working fine.

I also followed the 4core 4 threads (W/O Ultra shadows) ini and the SR: LE Vividian ini. I was told in the W&L Pack thread that i shouldn't use vividian's skyrim/skyrimprefs.ini settings. Why is that?

Also, would removing Vividian ENB Vivid Version and installing the Vanilla version screw anything up? Or could i perhaps just copy the stuff from vanilla and replace the vivid version in MO?

Thank you!

hi there, Have a try with the latest vividian 7.0 Beta that just got released ;)

Ahyes Hishutup doesnt like the Skyrim prefs.... but hes too lazy to correct the stuff he think is wrong ;P 

And yes the new vividian 7.0 Beta is out! Now with support for Purity and ofcourse all the interior lightings and performance versions are back.

@neovalen

i should hire you :D

@darkside:

thats ok. every large version bump  usually looks different and is a total rework. thats why leave the older verisons online still.

btw Beta 3 is there:

-Updated all weather patches and removed the Imagespace DOF from Clear and Cloudy days completely. This gives a very nice view now without the feeling of wearing bad glasses.
- Added Purity Weather patch
- Added Extended Groundfogs and Windyclouds for NLA, Purity and RCRN
- Added a installer option to choose between Normal, sharp and soft image sharpness (custom install only)
- Retweaked all weathers of all Weather mods to enhance sunset / sunrise epicess ;D
- Retweaked Purity and Vanilla days/nights
- Refined Time of Day values to give a smoother transition between Sunset - Night - Sunrise
- Lots of other small tweaks i already forgot ...

• 2 weeks later...