Enhanced Blood Textures (by dDefinder)

frihyland

+1 I've often had problems (primarily CTDs) with effects mods like these whenever I'm in a location with high VRAM use and I'm in combat. I've even had similar problems with effects mods in other Bethesda games like Fallout NV.

We might want to edit the notes section of the STEP guide, or have a note elsewhere in the guide, to be more specific about the problems than the current warning. Effects mods like this add noticeable short-term VRAM use and high short-term intensive script use, and on systems/game configurations (e.g., mods being used) without sufficient reserve VRAM, RAM, and CPU capacity CTDs will be fairly common when game events cause one or more of these mods to be active.

Is there any way to keep those mods by reducing some of the effects via MCM or are they just too buggy for the risks? I ask because I never used BFS before but have been using EBT since there was EBT without issues that I could trace directly to it. That said, I am also new to SKSE, SkyUI and so on so problems associated with script mods are not a big part of my experience... yet.

+1 I've often had problems (primarily CTDs) with effects mods like these whenever I'm in a location with high VRAM use and I'm in combat. I've even had similar problems with effects mods in other Bethesda games like Fallout NV.

We might want to edit the notes section of the STEP guide, or have a note elsewhere in the guide, to be more specific about the problems than the current warning. Effects mods like this add noticeable short-term VRAM use and high short-term intensive script use, and on systems/game configurations (e.g., mods being used) without sufficient reserve VRAM, RAM, and CPU capacity CTDs will be fairly common when game events cause one or more of these mods to be active.

Go ahead and create a section on that if you want. Maybe put it on the discussion page of the dev guide, and then we can plop it in later on.

I have just finished installing this and ran a test and I am noticing tons of blood, not even sem-realistic imo. Is there a way to town down the blood splatters on the ground and such? A arrow to the body should not cause a 4 foot radius of blood around a body. Thanks.

Thunderclam asked... "Is there any way to keep those mods by reducing some of the effects via MCM or are they just too buggy for the risks? I ask because I never used BFS before but have been using EBT since there was EBT without issues that I could trace directly to it. That said, I am also new to SKSE, SkyUI and so on so problems associated with script mods are not a big part of my experience... yet."

I'm wondering the same.. Anyone know?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

Is there any way to keep those mods by reducing some of the effects via MCM or are they just too buggy for the risks? I ask because I never used BFS before but have been using EBT since there was EBT without issues that I could trace directly to it. That said' date=' I am also new to SKSE, SkyUI and so on so problems associated with script mods are not a big part of my experience... yet.[/quote']

Do as you will, but this and mods like it will never be in STEP:Core. too many potential issues regardless (unless all scripting can be shut down).

I'm not sure what these issues are. You STEP guys are at a pretty high level and it's sometimes difficult to follow why or why not to do something, you know?

I've always used EBT so I don't understand why it causes problems.

Review the EBT Nexus thread. The details are all there. Problems with highly-modded setups mostly, but this kind of mod with heavy combat scripting can cause CTDs. It is also potentially problematic for your savegames if you ever uninstall it.

Too much baggage.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to verify this information one last time.

So has it been proven that this mod causes CTD/freezing?

I can understand the CTD/freezing if your using multiple heavy scripted mods such as BFS, DSI, EBI, & etc, but I just want to confirm if this mod as a standalone actually causes CTD/freezing.

Like neovalen, it is hard for me to see this mod go, unless it actually will be detrimental in my long term playthrough.

I was using this mod for a very long time and had a fairly stable game. I can't claim I had zero crashes' date=' but they were pretty infrequent. However, I also was not using many other heavily scripted mods at the time.[/quote']

This exactly.

We may use EBT in Extended, but definitely not Core. Same goes for other dynamic-scripting mods that go into turbo mode during combat. Unless there is some way to control this behavior and other random issues that have been reported in association with mods like this.

I think that there are losing combinations of mods and that EBT is a frequent associate along with BFS and other combat-oriented mods. None of these are necessarily *bad*, but they are not good "base stones" for the foundation.