Better Males (by Chris57 and FavoredSoul)

z929669

Is it maybe possible, that the Wiki page for this mod forgets to mention the hint about the "data" dir?

"This mod is not packaged correctly. Right-click on Data and choose [set data directory]. Click [OK] to install."

Which is why point 4 was added to the notice immediately above the steps on installing in the STEP guide. The link in that note takes the reader to the MO guide where this method is further discussed.

This way users become acquainted with the tools they use along the way, making any further installations by them easier.

I understand your answer, and it makes sense, but I don't agree with you.

It has now been a few evenings that I work on my first install of STEP (man this takes ages) and this is the very first time I got the message from MO about the data folder and there was no hint on the wiki. 

It's right and important that you have notices on top of the guide and a very detailed MO tutorial, but I installed about a dozen mods by now which had a hint in the wiki about the data folder selection. If the MO guide was enough, you could delete the data hints on every page. Or you add the missing ones. This guide is supposed to help first time users and even people like me who are fairly new to this stuff, and to help them throughout this guide it is most important to keep things continuous. 

In my opinion it just should be the same on every page. 

Edited by Zombo
  • +1 2