Equipping Overhaul by Dragondude 1029

mightyusaid

Mod Link

Mod Author: DragonDude1029

Ok so this mod is like Armed to The Teeth but you don't have change inis or anything. It has an MCM menu and you select geared up etc etc. It has almost no bugs as said by the author unlike ATTT which had numerous bugs. It is compatible with FROSTFALL AND DUAL SHEATH REDUX. It can replace the step mod "drop lit torches" since this does mod does it as well.

Here is the description from the mod Author

Within the Skyrim INI settings there is an option called geared up, or more commonly Armed to the Tooth - Easy. By activating this INI setting you can become fully armed. One favourited weapon of each type (bow, two-handed, sword, mace, etc.) will become visible on your character. This shows off your equipment while being more immersive. Unfortunately, ATTT-E is plagued with major bugs, including a major issue when you swap weapons while they are drawn. Many people combat this by tediously sheathing their weapons before equipping/unequipping anything, at the cost of immersion and time.

Be bothered no more! Equipping Overhaul has an MCM option to turn on and off Geared Up on the fly, without having to change your INI! That means even if you don't already have geared up, you don't even have to touch your INIs! Just get Equipping Overhaul, open the MCM menu, and check Geared Up! But wait, there's more! Equipping Overhaul completely and entirely fixes all bugs with Geared Up with no drawbacks! Are you excited yet!?! This well known geared up setting can be used seamlessly and now there is a long wanted fix for all of its issues! Go ahead, swap your weapons while they are drawn!

Other miscellaneous bugs are also fixed, including disappearance of favorite weapons while unequipping!

- SKSE

- SkyUI

- Legit updated copy of Skyrim, else I will not provide support

- Everything

- Compatible with equip slot changing this like Frostfall Quiver

- Compatible with Skeleton changers like XMPS

- Now compatible with Dual Sheath Redux

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the easy customization and the general idea of the mod. Along with a hardcore pack, this mod might add some more "realism" & spice to the game. Change your weapons in mid-combat? No problem! Just remember you need to rush back to them, dodging your foes, if you want to use them shortly afterwards!

It still seems pretty buggy, with the author updating four times in two days. I like the idea behind it, and I'll keep an eye on it, but it would need a version to last awhile without patching for new bugs before I'd give it a go.

That said, gotta credit the author for being on top of bug squashing.

Whoops - please move to other thread.

Hi:

The mod seems interesting.  States that it works with DSR.  Allows you to:

• Gear Up (display multiple favorited weapons)
  • Realistic Unequip - Drop weapons when you switch to new one (seems more realistic for bows if you need to swap a bow for melee weapon in a hurry) and
  • Lit Torches - Dropped torches stay lit (useful in combination with the above)
MCM menu allows you to choose any or all of the above features.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49784/?

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't see the other thread, but I just started using this mod and I really like it. Neo, are you considering it for LE?

Not until its fully SkyUI capable. Even then, not sure I like the overloaded look but I'd consider it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Gotcha...I understand the overloaded aesthetic thing, but I found I didn't like bows just disappearing either. In fact, I really like the effect of having to throw down the bow and pulling out the blades. I also like the throwing down lit torches to see too.

I've gotten it work well with Dual Sheath Redux and Blocking + Animations.

Equipping Overhaul incorporates the Geared Up, and Drop Lit Torches, and if the update scheduled for Friday 14/02/14 works as intended, Dual Sheath Redux (the patcher, not the packs) functions in one package with additional immersive options (dropping weapons when switching on the fly instead of sheathing first).

I like the idea, but having to reset my favourites/groups every time would be a dealbreaker.

That either has been fixed or is supposed to be fixed in the next update I think. I like the idea of it but it still seemed to have some wrinkles to iron out last time I checked in on it. Still keeping it in mind, curious about this next big update.