Ancient Falmer Armor Overhaul by BetrayalSeeker

rootsrat

• 2 weeks later...

Where's the testing evidence then? I remember some flamer armor being tested and rejected, being too plastic or something, but I don't think it was this one. Unless I've missed the original thread in search results and this is a dupliacte thread!

::EDIT::

Wasn't it this one? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34395/?

::EDIT2::

Yes it was, it's here: https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=2242

Oh my bad, changed my post. I think this armor is a tiny bit too SHINY and in your face. If there's a candle a hundred feet away from you, you'll still glitter like a christmas tree.

But you can say, that the snow elves who rever Auriel (god of the sun and archery (?!)), crafted those super shiny armors, so that they are closer to their deity.

I really do like the shininess on the shield though - especially because of it's enchantment. Same for the bow.

We need some screenshots in different lighting situations:

1. Dark dungeon

2. Torch lit dungeon

3. Sun light mid-day

4. Moon light

5. Overcast afternoon

6. Overcast night

side by side textures impression:

diffuse map is a vanilla tweak ... with data loss

several errors on normal maps

cubemap is completely wrong.... cubemask way too bright (flat)

on style: usual misunderstanding of moonstone and similar materials....forced to be metallic instead of opalescent ...

i'm sorry.... but with all the respect due to author (thanks for sharing) i have no wish to try ingame

side by side textures impression:

diffuse map is a vanilla tweak ... with data loss

several errors on normal maps

cubemap is completely wrong.... cubemask way too bright (flat)

on style: usual misunderstanding of moonstone and similar materials....forced to be metallic instead of opalescent ...

i'm sorry.... but with all the respect due to author (thanks for sharing) i have no wish to try ingame

Thanks for your opinion Cabal, I highly value your input. I agree on the shiny vs opalescent, now that you mentioned it. The rest is just a technical jargon I don't understand, so I'm just gonna take your word for it :)

I'll still have a look in game, but I'm slightly put off towards this mod now.