Nvidia GPU not detected with d3d9.dll in Data folder

Wenwrendo

Question

Hello! Pardon if this has been answered before, but I have just followed Neovalen's (WIP) guide SR:LE, which includes installing Unreal Cinema ENB and all the files it needs through ENB Manager and Changer.

When I launch the game now from MO, the ENB overlay appears, but it only detects my integrated graphics card and not my Nvidia GTX 770M, and everything runs really slowly. When I launch from Steam, the Launcher re-detects my graphics settings, again can't find my Nvidia GPU, and again will run and shows the overlay but everything is slow.

The problem doesn't occur at all if I remove the d3d9.dll file from my Data folder, but then the ENB doesn't work, either.

Any suggestions? I haven't been able to find an answer on other forums and don't think this is a problem with Neovalen's instructions.

3 answers to this question

Yay! This works, even though it still doesn't show the right GPU on the in-game overlay and it seems to need to be started once to figure everything out. In case anybody else has the problem, I got rid of an error that popped up in-game and made the HiAlgo mod's dll play nice with ENB Manager and Changer by doing the following instead of following the instructions on the mod's readme:

1) Deactivate the ENB through ENB Manager and Changer

2) Rename the "d3d9.dll" in /ENB Versions/ to "d3d9orig.dll"

3) Extract the HiAlgo mod and copy its d3d9.dll to the same folder (so, e.g., now my ENB Manager and Changer/ENB Versions/0.245 folder has three files in it: "d3d9.dll", "d3d9orig.dll", and "enbhost.exe".)

4) Open NVidia control panel, and explicitly add "TESV.exe" to the list of "high-GPU-requirement" programs.

5) You can now activate and deactivate the ENB through ENB Manager without having to permanently leave renamed files in the Data folder.