ENB for SR:LE going forward

To this day and age, I still do not understand why having a DoF file is a pro for an ENB... once you have a file with the settings you like in ENB A, then you can use it in ENB B.

Far too many people seem to think that all the files in a preset must be used or it will not work! So silly really! :)

Actually I just mentioned it because Novalen wanted a subtle DoF and RV has multiple choice available.

Personaly I hate DoF and I always disable it :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that is wrong with it is that if you are in a forest, and especially if you use SFO, or some other mod that introduces way more foilage (transparent textures) then it will kneel even the best of rigs. (We are talking up to 20+ FPS drops)

The larger the amount of transparent textures, the higher the performance cost. If you just use it on a vanilla like install with very low grass amounts etc. then it will not be an issue.

In general then the performance hit compared to what you get out of it is just absurd. But again it depends on your mod list and other settings, so for some it is a good option for sure.

I see, that's what was murdering my forest fps. I'm now able to keep 30, so thanks!

This is very much for the future, but do the black bars improve framerates by reducing the amount to render? I ask because that could be crucial to achieving 60fps on the Oculus Rift, and from what I've heard much of the vertical space is "wasted" so to speak because of the human fov.

I reinstalled SRLE yesterday and used UC as Neo recommended. Very stable! The bleak colors really seemed to work - I usually like brighter saturated ones but these certainly gave a distinctive ambiance - though perhaps the fact that high today was -10 F matched my mood. Probably could use less DOF and blurriness - I didn't adjust any settings, I should probably fool around with that when I get a chance.