aMidianBorn Solstheim Landscape (by CaBaL)

rootsrat

Totally agree on you with the "individuals" there Z, and I wasn't actually commenting on Cabal's textures but on his dillegence :)

I wasn't trying to speak for S.T.E.P. as a whole, nor in part, but more in the lines of, that, if Cabal kept this pace, it could in actuallity become an option.

But there is a lot more to it than that isn't there. I am well aware ^^

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently trying to repair my PC so I can't test these in games. I can only go off the screenshots which never really impress me. That's most likely not your fault. it's hard to go off of screenshots. Like I said' date=' I'm sure it's just a matter of taste and preference. A lot of people like your landscape mods cabal. You have many supporters. I didn't mean to insult you or anything. I'm just an SRO fanboy and find that many texture modders never really live up that standard. It isn't personal. I know a lot of people here use your landscape textures over SROs. It's just preference, like I've said.[/quote']

...listen to me, do not post compulsively opinions without actually know what you're talking about. with just nexus screenshots as a base for your comment, is pointless, helps noone.

try a mod ,2,3,4 or more decide what you prefer ,collect screenshots to demonstrate bases of your opinion... the "why" and the "because" of your choices.... then talk.

you're basically saying that my textures do not impress you...( but you did not even try them) because you're a sro fanboy?.... interesting....and full of sense.

i'm happy for you if you like vanilla tweaked stuff passed as retextures...but means nothing....in terms of overall practical use...and for a correct comparison of possible step solutions.

my "supporters" are none of your business as well... you're here to decide if a mod is good for step or not.not to give the grammy award.

"many texture modders never really live up that standard"  i'm curious about eventual equipment/object retextures and see what is actually such "standard" without photographs and resize/sharp filter over vanilla stuff... this is not the place to discuss such subjects btw.

if you like sro... do not throw **** on whatever is not sro...(above all without proper comparisons visible by anybody) just because of fanboy useless envious 8years old stuff....

the message is clear? there's something wrong in my request?

And then we all take a timeout!

Also I do not want to get into another "What should STEP pick" argument again!

Also there is nothing wrong with your requests Cabal! However this is just a matter of taste, nothing more! Also Bro is not part of the official STEP crew, and not a tester, he is just a user like so many others who have an opinion which is fine!

When and if STEP proper, does a decision there will ofc. be comparison screenshots galore and a more objective base to evaluate on!

That said then no more of this nonsense... It will be moderated!

Nope, all is well and good. Thanks for softening it up though ;)

Just a reminder to all that we making these mod choices here at STEP do not choose the "best" from among the viable alternatives. That is impossible, since we are not qualified to speak for others.

We can only speak for our opinions about what is "best for STEP", and that has nothing to do with the overall quality difference of anything.

As I said previously, we are just trying to mix and match among many mods to make the game more pleasurable for anyone that happens to agree with our approach. We simply have no desire to mix Mozart with Brahms or Van Gogh with Rembrandt ... or Frank Frazetta.

Well going off of that video it's definitely a huge improvement over vanilla and it seems to stick pretty close to the vanilla aesthetic still.

I agree with this statement.
That video is probably 2k colors and 1k uncompressed normals version. We will probably go with 1k colors and 1k compressed normals version for testing. That should be emphasized for people doing screenshots of this mod.

I did an hour with vanilla, AMB, and SRTO. I think all three have parts that I like the most. Even the HRDLC had some really good textures in it. The basalt textures in AMB and the dirt cliffs in SRTO were my favorites from those two mods. The other landscapes were pretty much all good. One thing about AMB is the ash with rocks popping out that is really ugly in vanilla. AMB changes that texture completely and is much better style that vanilla. SRTO makes it less ugly, but adheres to the vanilla style.

If you add michealrw's ash rocks into the mix, then Solsthiems looks a lot better. We might consider that for testing as well.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41335/?

Yes there are two sets of textures to be tested from SRTO, but the landscape file is the one I was talking about because it is what would be compared to the AMB file. SRTO's architecture would probably be something to compare to Telvanni Reborn not AMB, at least not yet.