aMidianBorn Solstheim Landscape (by CaBaL)

rootsrat

Right, and I just wanted to clarify. There are two main SRTO mods (I know there is a mountains one being tested but that's separate). There is a Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul mod which would compete with Cabal's Landscape textures and the 3 main texture packs (SkyrimHD/SeriousHD/SRO). There is also Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul - DRAGONBORN, which is the one we are talking about right now. I was confused before on that. I just wanted to clarify it in case someone else was looking at the wrong mod :-D.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some of the stone stuff to look at. Didn't do a straight vanilla since STEP doesn't touch the Solsthiem textures at all anyways. It is just STEP current 2.2.8. Also will do some with Ash Rocks later if people ask nicely.

Basalt Pillars HRDLC->AMB->SRTO

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Stones & Ash

Rocks & Ash (volcanic_ash_rocks_01_d.dds I think)

Will do more as my anger level returns to normal after that game. :@

EDIT: Does anyone know where to find volcanic_ash_darkcliff_01.dds?

Imo then the best are

Basalt: AMB

Stones n ash: AMB

Rocks n ash: SRTO for the rocks, AMB for the ground

I know you are very fond of that style of rocks Cabal, but it just looks like too much rock imo. The shadow effect on the rocks is nice, but since there are so many in close proximity it kinda ruins the effect a bit. At least for me!

If you could have a more sparse amount of rock with a density like HDDLC, or SRTO and the current ground then I think it would help quite a bit.

As for the other two, then I think the SRTO versions have a wee bit too much noise in them, without proper depth. Kinda makes the textures look a lower resolution then they really are.

This is just my puny subjective opinion on the matter! And thanks for taking the time to take the shots Ess!

...is true Aiyen, less density would be nice , i thought that more stones near those big basalt walls would make the overall look more harmonious btw ....without a precise "cut" between big stones and small gravel.

less density is definitely something to consider anyway.

on side note ...this texture got a precise alpha actually any choice can be good...is indipendent from ground ,other stones or any other asset.

Thanks for pointing that texture out, Cabal, I would have never seen that.

I'd say that the rocks and stone so far look like rhyolite for AMB and andesite for SRTO. Both are accurate volcanic rock types for volcanic areas, so realism-tards will like that.The noise in the rocks would come from that andesite type rock formation.

The basalt from AMB looks a lot more like the pictures of Giant's Causeway in N. Ireland. The slow cooling hexagon shape usually is smoother so the stones can fit together and rise up from the surface.

Whole bunch more stuff:

All are HRDLC->AMB->SRTO

Ash Cliff (near craters just east of Telvanni Tower)

Ash Tundra type 4 (all around Solsthiem, mostly in front of Telvanni Tower and used for some paths)

Ash Tundra type 4 Alternate angle (not on a slope like last shot)

Tall Basalt Pillars (for better view than last set)

Ash Road

Tundra type 3 (used in some places around Solsthiem, mostly western coast area before the snowy regions)

That is almost everything from the landscape of Solsthiem, if anyone wants something else just say so from these mods, just say so.

there are other 2 tundra textures eventually...just to cover everything .not particularry used by game,mostly near ancient nord ruins,if you Ess or someone else wants to waste 5 minutes for screens can find all 4 type of tundra in the ruin northeast of corvo stone.

Yeah, some of them are like overlays that go on top of the some ground textures when I opened them up in Paint.NET. I could do type 1, but the SRTO version is just another dark andesite variation, where AMB looks like a different rock texture. The type 3 was different than anything else in the landscape folder, and I like all of them, even the HRDLC was okay to look at in game.

Actually, I just realized that I didn't take any pure ash screens... man, what was I thinking. The whole island is covered in that stuff. Good thing I don't have anything better to do.

Could you test the SeriousHD textures as well? In STEP, they include:

dlc2basalttop.dds

dlc2crater1.dds

dlc2road01ash01.dds

volcanic_ash_01.dds

volcanic_ash_01_n.dds

volcanic_ash_03.dds

volcanic_ash_03_n.dds

volcanic_ash_04.dds

volcanic_ash_04_n.dds

volcanic_ash_05.dds

volcanic_ash_darkcliff_01.dds