4 replies to this topic

#1 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

According to some unconfirmed preliminary testing on my part NMM uses a -# as a pattern to locate data and uses the - as a delimiter for separating useful data in the filename. This means that if a modder uses that pattern in their filename NMM will substitute this random filename data for the essential information that the nexus appends. This leads to situations where one mod is mistaken for another or the titles are messed up or version information is incorrect. NMM is just so dependent on modders rigorously adhering to unpublished documentation its silly. Now you know why its happening.:ox: To confirm just add 2-6-1 to the front of any filename, then import with nmm and it will be recognized as BOSS.

#2 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

According to some unconfirmed preliminary testing on my part NMM uses a -# as a pattern to locate data and uses the - as a delimiter for separating useful data in the filename. This means that if a modder uses that pattern in their filename NMM will substitute this random filename data for the essential information that the nexus appends. This leads to situations where one mod is mistaken for another or the titles are messed up or version information is incorrect. NMM is just so dependent on modders rigorously adhering to unpublished documentation its silly.

Now you know why its happening.:ox:

To confirm just add 2-6-1 to the front of any filename, then import with nmm and it will be recognized as BOSS.

good find

#3 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

I just updated Skyrim Unplugged and am about to upload it, but thought I'd check to see if you know what the full format should be like. Would like to give it a go and test it on the archive name that I upload.

#4 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

Skyrim Unplugged.7z will be fine, nexus appends more data to the name like nexus number and version (if you fill out the upload forms anyway), just avoid using numbers or dashes and you'll be fine.

#5 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

Cool, will keep with the current then, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users