Is there a mod that... (Mod Detectives)

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for: a patch/mod that remedies the immersion breaking aspect of Frostfall wrt. a more advanced Dragonborn.

I have finally found the time to reinstall Skyrim on my new SSD after the old one had burned out some time ago.

Frostfall once was on my short list of must-haves for an immersive game -- but not anymore, for two reasons:

1. No one but the player feels any consequence of weather conditions. This is fine as long as you're alone in the wilderness but when a more or less scantily clad tavern wench strolls happily through the blizzard that threatens to kill you .. well, it gets a bit weird.

2. As long as I decide to play a hunter/rogue/warrior-type, the weather plausibly continues to be a threat even for a well-leveled character - especially when (s)he abhors magic or any other supernatural interference with the elements.

But a magically gifted character or one who works to control the elements by any means should have little problem with adverse weather conditions once (s)he has gained some experience.

It's a total immersion breaker for me if my character is on the one hand able to - e.g. - use fire magic to destroy small armies but can't produce enough heat to resist the adverse effects of a swim in a frosty lake.

I doubt that any mod can do anything against the first problem, but maybe there is one that incorporates magic/elemental controlling effects into the Frostfall-mod?

Otherwise, I am either going to simulate such an effect by gradually adapting the severity of the consequences of hypothermia to my character's ability to control the elements or I am simply going to abandon the mod.

Edited by thommaal

The game engine doesn't apply effects like weather or lighting to NPCs. You'll find the same immersion problems with mods that make it darker. There aren't any vanilla magic spells that affect the weather. Vanilla fire and frost magic spells can't be used to make the player hotter or colder, in part because the game engine doesn't inherently deal with warmer or colder - this is only available if mods provide this. Frostfall adds the ability for campfires, etc. to make a player gradually get warmer, but without Frostfall there is no concept of warmer or colder in the game. Frostfall adds a few spells to provide warm clothing and to reduce the effects of cold for a very short (30 seconds) period, but you can get warm clothing before venturing into the cold and campfires provide much more effective warmth than anything provided by the Frostfall spells.

I'm not aware of any separate magic mods that affect the player when using Frostfall.

It may be possible with the new Campfire mod, which provides the base for the new version of Frostfall, to add mods with spells or potions that affect player exposure in the new version of Frostfall.

Looking for: a patch/mod that remedies the immersion breaking aspect of Frostfall wrt. a more advanced Dragonborn.

I have finally found the time to reinstall Skyrim on my new SSD after the old one had burned out some time ago.

Frostfall once was on my short list of must-haves for an immersive game -- but not anymore, for two reasons:

1. No one but the player feels any consequence of weather conditions. This is fine as long as you're alone in the wilderness but when a more or less scantily clad tavern wench strolls happily through the blizzard that threatens to kill you .. well, it gets a bit weird.

2. As long as I decide to play a hunter/rogue/warrior-type, the weather plausibly continues to be a threat even for a well-leveled character - especially when (s)he abhors magic or any other supernatural interference with the elements.

But a magically gifted character or one who works to control the elements by any means should have little problem with adverse weather conditions once (s)he has gained some experience.

It's a total immersion breaker for me if my character is on the one hand able to - e.g. - use fire magic to destroy small armies but can't produce enough heat to resist the adverse effects of a swim in a frosty lake.

I doubt that any mod can do anything against the first problem, but maybe there is one that incorporates magic/elemental controlling effects into the Frostfall-mod?

Otherwise, I am either going to simulate such an effect by gradually adapting the severity of the consequences of hypothermia to my character's ability to control the elements or I am simply going to abandon the mod.

Interesting way of looking at it. I must admit I'd never even considered that view at all...

I was about the start a thread until I saw this. Here goes nothing..

This idea is based on A noncombat follower from Reddit.

He's requesting for a type of follower that will not engage in combat, but flee into the opposite direction. This reminds me of the PSone game ICO, where you're pulling a princess by the hand fighting off shadows. I'm completely ignoring the mule function here.

Anyways, I'm no sexist, I'm a gamer(lol :D) and now I really want a mod that gives you a non-combatant princess(sneaked out of her Jarl dad's castle, got captured by bandits, and you freed her) as a companion that will get behind you when an enemy closes in on you and flee when multiple enemies surround you both. Am I the only guy in here who wants this? It cannot be!

I hope someone pulls this off someday, or something close to it. A follower that flees from combat would be something different and I want it, guy or girl. Princess as a request. Vanilla body please, I don't run CBE or UNNB body mods. I'm about to try out the mushroom follower mod, hopefully he/she doesn't try to fight anything. They're mushrooms, so they shouldn't.

Interesting way of looking at it. I must admit I'd never even considered that view at all...

Usually, my characters believe that the widely spread disregard to the laws of thermodynamics has adverse effects on their plain of existence in the long run. So, they stay reluctant to use any kind of supernatural force (even their unique innate abilities) and, more often than not, discourage the use of magic anywhere by .. any means necessary.

Last time, however, I installed a couple of magic-enhancing mods, like Apocalypse, to develop a versatile magic user, and then it became painfully obvious that this Dragonborn should not be bothered at all by adverse weather once some experience was gained.

Crazy settings don't affect my immersion, conflicts within the internal logic do.

Ideally, a mod would exist that uses up magicka to withstand Frostfall's otherwise deadly weather conditions. So, if your character were exhausted, weather effects would be felt again.

But if Kelmych hasn't heard of such a mod, I very much doubt, there is one.

The game engine doesn't apply effects like weather or lighting to NPCs. (..)

Yeah, a pity, isn't it? It's quite simple to mask this "cosmetically" by adding cloaks and winter gear to NPCs, but sometimes that's just not enough. Anyway, the Campfire mod looks like a better fit for my planned playthrough.

Thanks for mentioning it; plenty of mods have emerged since my last trip to Skyrim.

Ok following up on my quest to find a damsel follower and a shot into the darkness. Couldn't I use TES5Edit for change the AI behavior on a NPC follower mod? Please say yes! If I change the AI, anything else I need to do besides that? This will be my third time using TES5Edit and I feel confident this can work if it's that simple. Thank you.

Off the top of my head, I think you should be able to edit the Actor record for the character and in AI Data set Aggression to Unaggressive, Confidence to Cowardly, and Assistance to Helps Nobody.

Edit: The above is in Creation Kit...

Edited by Greg

Hello. I made the same request over the nexus forum, but hey, it's nexus forum, so... no answer >_

I'm looking for :

1) Some HD retextures for apocrypha, Only relevant mods I could find were : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36222/? and https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45782/?

But it feel uncomplete (some of the organics parts, and the "water")

2) HD textures for the Dark brotherhood ("shrouded") armor. I only found some replacer ("Spooky edit" and "deadly serious") but those are far way from the quality of other armor texture mod I use.

If anyone ever heard of such mod, I'd be glad if you could share ^_^

If not... well, if you know how to work with textures and want to make something which haven't been done before, you can still give it a shot  ::D: It'll be more usefull than a 100th "Whiterun Retexture Overhaul"  :;):

Edited by Kesta

• 4 months later...

Alright, so.. Time to necro this thread!

My question isn't so much an 'is there a mod that..?', but instead "what is that mod that..?". In essence; awhile back I was shown a skill interface retexture that blew my mind; it only covered the emblems for the different constellations, but filled the empty space inside the emblems with intricate details.

I best recall an illusion emblem with fractal details (perhaps along the lines of Celtic knots, or something similar to that effect).

• 1 month later...

...instead of dying you stay in bleedout until your followers either win, resuscitate you and you all carry on, or die and the game ends (like Dragon Age for e.g.)

I am aware of Death Alternative and Skytweak's extra lives, but neither is quite what I'm thinking of.

The game difficulty will be hard with the added mods & my character will be more of a orchestrator with support magic and sage knowledge. It might save me reloads & restarts aplenty!

Is there a mod that:

A) Makes the save/load interface less painful when have multiple characters? Like a two-tiered system where it first lists your characters, and then lets you pick a specific savefile for that char.

B) Let's you try to influence the jarls regarding the civil war, using diplomacy to make them switch sides? Especially for Whiterun and the minor ones.