Photo

uGridsToLoad Limit: maximum allocated RAM on 64bit < 3GB?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 JudgmentJay

JudgmentJay

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

How do you check how much RAM skyrim is using?

I use this mod.

#47 Nshell

Nshell

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

after some time testing I came to this stability for skyrim with full STEP 2.2.2. Its all 2K even shadows uGrids=5, and i rarely i mean rarely freez its not even crash, skyrim just freezes, i dunno if its to much OC or its just Skyrim, i dunno it just freezes very rarely lol.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edit:
also those drops in FPS are due to riding horse running freely, when fps are stable @ 58 im in a fight most likely.
My little example has more than 4000 samples ingame riding freely in skyrim from riften to whiterun, with fights all the way and it did not crash nor freezed.

Re Edit:
yet another long time play no crashes no freezes.
IMHO best skyrim is a Skyrim that doesnt crash, its not about grids, cells or the highest textures available, IMO its about playing it with out problems.
Im getting close to a stable Skyrim.
Posted Image
Over 6000 samples.

#48 Jnipz

Jnipz

Prisoner

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

How do you check how much RAM skyrim is using?

Skyrim Performance Monitor    This will show you pretty much everything.

#49 Necrokat

Necrokat

Prisoner

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

6GB VRAM is not likely to be any use for Skyrim.  It seems that the textures in VRAM must be copied into RAM.  Skyrim cannot use more than 4GB RAM, and seems to become unstable even at 3GB. 

I have experimented with ugrids quite a bit, though it is not recommended.  My experience suggests that the two key factors in ugrids stability are RAM usage and shadows.  I can run stable with ugrids at 9, so long as I reduce my mod load to keep RAM usage comfortably below 3GB, reduce shadow settings, and avoid mods that are likely to increase the number of shadows processed. 

The question of shadows is just my theory from my own testing, and should be considered anecdotal, but the memory concerns are widely reported.

really? RAM yeah and i dunno about shadows, but my biggest problem was mods that added spawns. it's like the engine can't handle the extra AI and pathing

#50 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

Which is because the CPU handles, shadows, AI and pathing etc. If you have too many things loading then I guess it is possible that the game is just not threaded enough to actually cope with the amount of information it needs to process. Which in turn causes scripts to get delayed which causes CTD´s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users