Awkwardly bright ENB - Maybe gamma issue?

Holymartyr

Question

Here's a SS of when I use ENB with any one of the popular settings (or just plain ENB without any custom preset):

Posted Image

Don't think this is what ENB is supposed to look like from the pictures.

Using the latest ENB (.112), tried using several popular mods, and ENB settings by default. All were wierdly bright. I love RCRN, but I can't use SMAA with it. (much less of system impact, and I just enjoy SMAA for some reason)

Yep, tried enabling/disenabling that an it didn't change the wierd brightness issue

If I use SuperB ENB I get colorful artifacts everywhere. In fact, the game won't even load my clean savefile unless I shut off ENB until i'm in game. In game with ENB DISABLED I still see the artifacts, if I enable it, the game totally freezes up. All the rest of the ENB mods seems to work, just have that overly wierd brightness.

Nope. I do use MSI Afterburner's OSD for my other games to monitor temps/usages etc...and I did have that enabled at first, but after ENB crashed the first time, I knew to disable it (I've used ENB in the past with no problems - but not with graphic modifications, the .96 version If i'm correct, the supposed optimization only version.)

It's also really important to make sure that you don't have any files still installed from one of your ENB mods. Different mods use different files a lot of times so it is easy to miss if you are not looking for it. Check your Skyrim folder closely and make sure you don't have any leftover files that shouldn't be there because they can cause a lot of issues if they are left installed.

If you want a really thorough walkthrough for how to make sure your ENB is correctly installed we went into a lot of detail on our description page. Try following all of these steps and let us know if you are still having problems. I'm not recommending you to try our ENB, just to follow the guide on the description page to see if that helps.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=17232

Yeah I've been meaning to try your ENB, saw it a few days ago but went through the most downloaded first to see what 'presets' I like (nothing personal). I do use SMAA, and I did try to disable it AND disable the proxy in ENB but it did not affect the awkward color changes in any way.

Downloading your ENB and following your guide, and yes, I made sure that everything from past ENB mods were completely uninstalled.

P.S. - There isn't a way to make Wrye Bash install outside the Data directory right? Read that it isn't supported by default, wondered if there was a workaround or something =3 Thanks!

Update: Followed the whole guide and I still get awkward colors.

Screenshot with all mods activated: Posted Image

Screenshot with only CLO, Realisitic Lighting, and USKP:Posted Image

Did a clean install of ENB, followed your directions to the point. Deleted the RenderInfo file, backed up my Skyrim/SkyrimPrefs ini's, still using a 100% clean savegame. The bPointFloatRender (w/e) is still set to 1, not using any overlays.

Once again stumped =(

I had this issue indoors after testing out an ENB-like mod. Everything I tried didn't fix it, until I waited 24 hours. You watch the sky get dark and the lighting recorrects itself the next day. I don't understand it myself, but its something you can try.

Tried waiting 24 hours again (already did 48 hours following the Vibrancy guide). Same effect, nothings changed ='(

Edit : Forgot to mention that I only see the awkward brightness outdoors, indoors it seems to be fine.

Bump? =( I'll be installing cleanly I suppose onto another HDD of mine I suppose and testing. Maybe i'm missing something =/

Edit: Tried fresh install with latest patch and only Vibrancy guide followed. Same thing. Suggest bug with ENB and my system I suppose =/

Tried enabling/disabling SLI, did nothing - that isn't the problem.

Have different monitor presets, non of those changed anything significantly. /sigh

Yep, waited and waded through the lengthly begining scene and made a dupe char and the entire time the brightness was aparent. Very annoying.

I've given up for now. Using CLO and Realisitic Lighting from Vibrancy (took a liking to that when I had ENB disabled), and still using RCRN.

I'll just have to wait for SMAA for RCRN. Only other things I could try is I have my brothers computer (handmedown components from my computer [lol] - AKA lower graphics, resolution, GPU/CPU/RAM etc...) I can try ENB on his computer to see if the brightness is off on his computer as well. I also have my laptop that I can try.

Will update whenever I get around to installing everything.

Really sorry you are having issues with ENB. I hate to say it but I'm kind of stumped with this one. I will run it by my partner in crime Kyo and see if he has any ideas. And sorry it took so long to get back to you. A lot of personal issues. :)

I cant seem to view your pictures anymore, but overbrightness is an issue ive run into with most ENB configurations. Its actually fixable via tweaking certain values from ENB. Its not quick, as you have test out changing values of several settings by small increments. For what values to specifically change, I would recommend downloading Skyrim Enhanced Shaders FX ENB, and reading the pdf that comes with it. It is by FAR the most detailed explanation of ENB settings i have ever seen. He covers almost all tweakable values, and includes pictures as well, especially when concerning brightness. I have also found that ENBs that use RLwC also tend to be overbright. I switch RLwC for URWL usually.