Wisp Mother HD Retexture - Quartz Atronach by Rengel

rootsrat

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49747/?

A retexture of wisp mother. The video below shows the effect. I really like it!

[video=youtube]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnl4iejIZ3o

The full version of this mod adds a new attronach for summoning (quartz), but the separate retexture only file is available in optionals.

I'm yet to see it in game, so I'll report back.

MOD TESTING

• Screen Compares

Vanilla HRDLC >> Rengel's

Posted Image  >>  Posted Image

Root's gaming profile Note I haven't got a STEP profile at the moment >> Rengel's

Posted Image  >>  Posted Image

After lvl 16 they pop up, they are located in random places.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

Unless you use some encounter zones mod :D

DoYouEvenModBro, I'll send you a PM about console commands and recommend a good website with all the items, places, characters, spells etc. in Skyrim.

Ok, here's the compare of vanilla wisp mother and Rengel's. I must say it doesn't look good at all. Bear in mind this is pure vanilla HRDLC and no ENB or any other modifications. For some reason it looks extremely better on mod page's screenshots. Perhaps with ENB enabled it would look better.

I haven't got a STEP profile in my MO at the moment, so perhaps someone with such a profile could do compares as well, to see how it looks within modded game? I will make compare screens with my own profile (much more extended than STEP). We'll see how it looks then.

:: UPDATE ::

2 more screens added, I use my full gaming profile for this one, which includes Skylight ENB. It looks much better than with vanilla lighting and lack of post processing. I like the transparent scarf/dress, whatever she's wearing, however the solid, ice-like body doesn't appeal to me. I would like to see more detail on her face, maybe not as much as on my gaming profile, but still.

As it stands now, vanilla is much better IMHO.

::EDIT::

Just noticed this: I also like darker claws that the vanilla wispmother has - it looks kind of like blood.

Moved screen compares to OP

I'm not sure why your screenshots look like her skin is white, might just be different settings but it's supposed to have Parallax working on it. I do admit it really differs in taste; you either like it or hate it =p

Posted Image

Anything reliant on ENB won't work for STEP I'm afraid. It could be a STEP mod for ENB Packs though (Pack author's discretion) ;)

So I went back to take screenshot without ENB, in neutral lightning (Riften) and this is the result:

Posted Image

Anything reliant on ENB won't work for STEP I'm afraid. It could be a STEP mod for ENB Packs though (Pack author's discretion) ;)

So I went back to take screenshot without ENB, in neutral lightning (Riften) and this is the result:

Posted Image

that's vanilla lighting? If so, it is bordering on the edge of an improvement, IMO. Just think the scarf is too bright though.

that's vanilla lighting? If so, it is bordering on the edge of an improvement, IMO. Just think the scarf is too bright though.

Hmm.. I could try reducing the brightness of the scarf.

Edit: reduced glow for what it's worth =]

Posted Image

Definitely better with lower brightness (but lighting will impact greatly).

I like it. Whether or not it is an improvement is subjective I guess. I am not sure what a wisp mother is supposed to look like :P

I'm glad you like it ^__^ I've actually worked more on it, further fixing brightness, Doubled Resolution on the scarf and added blood splatters on her hands and claws. Will be uploading screens soon!