Can't download using nexus

Lanyon

Question

I just decided to do another epic Skyrim install after a long hiatus. This is my first time trying to use MO, but not my first time using STEP. I've followed the first steps of the STEP guide to a tee. Fresh vanilla installation and everything. Updated graphics drivers, got BOSS/BUM installed, and went on to MO. MO appears to have installed perfectly fine, except that for the life of me it won't download anything from the nexus. I have the paths all set up properly, I have my Nexus account properly associated, I clicked the globe icon to bring up the nexus webpage (in Firefox) but whenever I click on the Download with Manager link for a mod, absolutely nothing happens. No error message, nothing. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any ideas how to get it fixed? I was just going to go for manual downloads but then i saw a thread on these forums about how that may be a bad idea because it forces MO to try to identify the mod by it's name only since it wasn't downloaded with all the appropriate metadata, which could lead to problems further down the road. Any help would be much appreciated!

5 answers to this question

I use manual downloads most of the time because their speed tends to be faster and also downloads via MO often won't start (which is a nexus server issue). Manual downloading is not a problem at all. Only difference is to retrieve the version info really, but you can easily add that in yourself. 

Why your download buttons don't work though, I can't say, you seem to have taken all the necessary steps.

There's an executable in the mod organizer directory that handles the download links for nexus. I believe it's NXM-something.exe. It's the only other .exe in the directory.

If you run it, you should see it has a mapping for mod organizer and the downloads directory, and there's a button you can press to make it register. If it's not set properly it'll just appear like nothing happened. That's what happened to me after I moved MO's directory - rerunning the executable and fixing it made it work fine. Give it a shot.

• +1 2

Most likely your browser is interfering. In Firefox, do this:

1. Open Options and go to Applications

2. Scroll until you see nxm under content type

3. To the right, you will see the action is probably set to "Always Ask." Click this and change it to point to the nxmhandler (should already be listed as a choice because Mod Organizer writes the correct value to the registry).

4. Click OK

5. Report back.

There's an executable in the mod organizer directory that handles the download links for nexus. I believe it's NXM-something.exe. It's the only other .exe in the directory. If you run it, you should see it has a mapping for mod organizer and the downloads directory, and there's a button you can press to make it register. If it's not set properly it'll just appear like nothing happened. That's what happened to me after I moved MO's directory - rerunning the executable and fixing it made it work fine. Give it a shot.

Worked for me, thanks!

There's an executable in the mod organizer directory that handles the download links for nexus. I believe it's NXM-something.exe. It's the only other .exe in the directory. If you run it, you should see it has a mapping for mod organizer and the downloads directory, and there's a button you can press to make it register. If it's not set properly it'll just appear like nothing happened. That's what happened to me after I moved MO's directory - rerunning the executable and fixing it made it work fine. Give it a shot.

Most likely your browser is interfering. In Firefox, do this: 1. Open Options and go to Applications 2. Scroll until you see nxm under content type 3. To the right, you will see the action is probably set to "Always Ask." Click this and change it to point to the nxmhandler (should already be listed as a choice because Mod Organizer writes the correct value to the registry). 4. Click OK 5. Report back.

Thanks, guys - I had to go through both of these steps to get MO to download from the Nexus (in a vain attempt to get through the tutorial, which is broken) but at least the functionality is now there. Again, appreciate you sharing your knowledge...