v2.2.9 Development

z929669

Notice:

As of STEP 2.2.8, we are only actively supporting Skyrim Legendayr Ed. (all DLCs) - We continue to 'passively' support other DLC/non-DLC configurations as an artifact of having done so previously. However, moving forward, all new content will assume Legendary Ed. We will gradually phase out information pertaining to limited DLC components.

As per the 2.2.7 release, STEP:Core is essentially final with the 2.2.8 release and is represented by only installing mods marked as "Core" in the STEP Guide. We are gathering screens of this base install now and verifying that it includes everything necessary but nothing more than that --all according to the new STEP:Core Mandate. Anyone that has not yet read that, please do so to better understand the direction we are heading.

Now begins our focus on STEP:Extended for the 2.2.9 release according to the STEP:Extended Mandate, which opens up the door to new possibilities. This is our final step towards 2.3.0, which will fully integrate Packs and the new paradigm alluded to in our Nexus article. Once STEP:Extended is finalized in the 2.2.9 release, we will be ready for the paradigm shift. This shift will not be that drastic, since we will have made most of the really obvious changes already, not least of all, those introduce in 2.2.8.

v2.2.9 ChangeLog

For replacers, the test case should be a high-quality screenshot compare. We don't need a lot, just two or three sets of compares on the thread in Mod Testing (MT) marked [ TESTING ].

For non-replacers, please head over to MS and read the Announcement. Then go into the testing thread and contribute some test ideas or some of your own test results.

The idea is that testing --and logging of that activity on the threads-- will be touch & go for a lot of mods, and it should be pretty clear by anyone stumbling upon any mod thread what the end result is.

Let us know if you want to be a Mod Tester!

Iirc you said that in the future for STEP ALL DLC's are needed. Makes the install/explanation much simpler AND it would make a (semi) automated STEP installer much simpler. At least the brave soul(s) who is/are gonna do that has a MUCH simpler task and possibly can keep most of his/their hairs intact, doesn't need to go to AA-meetings in the future etc...

Question: Is a full DLC requirement planned for 2.2.9 or for possibly 2.3.0+ ?

For STEP 2.2.9, should the MemBoost Patch 3.0 be included standard in section 2.C.? I believe it might lessen the average CTD's, though as of now I believe it should not be added into 2.2.8 as it requires more testing.

We are waiting for the SKSE guys to finish their version of it. That is why we left a little suggestion at the end of the guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, the MemPatch is not necessary for STEP, which should be stable. We do mention it though for users that want to use it.

@Wolverine (glad you are back)

OP updated to clarify DLC req.

However, the MemPatch would allow users that can and want to, to still use all the same STEP mods but use the beefiest versions (higher resolutions, higher uGrids, etc). So it could still be helpful for a sort of "extreme" STEP install.

Also, the MemPatch is not necessary for STEP, which should be stable. We do mention it though for users that want to use it.

However, the MemPatch would allow users that can and want to, to still use all the same STEP mods but use the beefiest versions (higher resolutions, higher uGrids, etc). So it could still be helpful for a sort of "extreme" STEP install.
Possibly, but I don't think that even beefy STEP produces CTDs or ILSs, and the memory patch will not improve performance really, it will just allow you to play where you could not previously (by preventing the most typical situation for CTDs and ILSs). ENBoost is more of a VRAM handler, but same generally applies to that (it is just more stable right now).

Possibly, but I don't think that even beefy STEP produces CTDs or ILSs, and the memory patch will not improve performance really, it will just allow you to play where you could not previously (by preventing the most typical situation for CTDs and ILSs). ENBoost is more of a VRAM handler, but same generally applies to that (it is just more stable right now).
You would know more than I. I'm just it would allow us to add more do even more for those people who can. Basically, you wouldn't have to turn down a mod because it's performance impact is too large. Obviously is only for the ones that can be resolved due to memory management and of course whenever SKSE released a their memory manager.

Plus Memory Patch will not magically resolve an unstable game. Better to install STEP, get it running without issues, then try the memory patch when and if you are actually running into memory issues (which debugging will tell you).

Thanks

Fred

I'm not suggesting it would do that. I'm suggesting putting it into STEP eventually to allow users to use more demanding mods. Obviously only users who have good enough computers but can't use the mods currently because of bad memory management by Skyrim.

Hi there' date=' like that said in the 1st post. I woold be one of the Mod tester from now and the futur. So if you need some test jsut tell me, i have many many time for you .[/quote']

We'd love to have you as a mod tester! Head over to the MT forums and contribute anything you can.

Screenshots, data or even just a brief review of those mods are helpful.