STEP v2.2.8 Release

z929669

Phyrre56 Wrote

I'll post the texture question in the support area to get more feedback. I've found the "use the console and point at the missing texture" advice before but no one's ever provided the additional instructions about what to actually do. 

I suggest acquiring the formID as others have indicated ... then go into the CS and search for it. One must delve into the unknown just a little bit on their own, no? If for no more reason than to pose more specific questions?
It is the CK, Creation Kit, now I know just how much you don't know about it. :p

It can be easier to load up TES5Edit and type that formID into the top left box and the record should list the texture's folder path/s, often there are multiple textures associated to things. Diffuse and normal map. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, am new to the forum. And i'm sorry if I write mistakes my english is not that good.

I just wanted to ask, with step:extended do you mean the mods that don't have that green flag infront of their name?

If yes I also wanted to ask where the packs are that you said you would link at the end of the guide?

Sorry for the dumb questions just aren't very sure if i understood evrything corectly

Kind regards Minos55

Hello, am new to the forum. And i'm sorry if I write mistakes my english is not that good.

I just wanted to ask, with step:extended do you mean the mods that don't have that green flag infront of their name?

If yes I also wanted to ask where the packs are that you said you would link at the end of the guide?

Sorry for the dumb questions just aren't very sure if i understood evrything corectly

Kind regards Minos55

Yes, that is correct about STEP:Extended

Packs: https://wiki.step-project.com/Category:Packs

Kind regards Minos55

Yes mods without the green bar to the left of their title are extended. The green bar means they are Core.

You can see the packs in the pack forum, they are still developing and we will have official support for them starting with STEP v2.3.0. Remember that most packs do not support Extended mods, but all support Core mods.

EDIt: Damn Tech ninja'd me.

thank you for the fast anwser, just 1 more question about the instalation. Should i first download the core files and install and then go through the list again of all the exteded i want.

Or can i just download core and extends i want and then install in that order that is on the step wiki?

And if i understand correctly the patches for core and exteended is only if you use all of the core or extended mods right?

thank you for the fast anwser, just 1 more question about the instalation. Should i first download the core files and install and then go through the list again of all the exteded i want.

Or can i just download core and extends i want and then install in that order that is on the step wiki?

And if i understand correctly the patches for core and exteended is only if you use all of the core or extended mods right?

You can dowload and install according to the tables. It does not matter if you are installing some or all of Extended along the way. It all fits together. I also added a section on Packs to the bottom of the guide.

I think the recommendation and installation of MO could be a bit earlier in the guide maybe right at the start, because you can already use it in the Installation & Configuration guide

or you move/merge the Configuration part out of the Installation & Configuration guide and into the INI section of the "main" STEP guide?(hope i don't cause to much confusion because i post in different threads[i try to use the thread linked from the side i see "problems"])

It is in the order that it is on purpose, as there are potential problems starting from Mod Organizer. And Mod Organizer is already very early in the guide. Only things in front of it is Skyrim installation and initial Launcher options, which are absolutely necessary before installing Mod Organizer.

Yes, that is correct about STEP:Extended

Packs: https://wiki.step-project.com/Category:Packs

Perhaps we should have a pointer on the wiki home page to a new page that includes pointers to wiki pages of general interest that are not listed elsewhere like some of the Category:  pages.
I already added a link to Packs on the MP, but there may be others of interest.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the easiest way to keep my STEP 2.2.8 up-to-date (i.e. be aware of new changes) since the guide is live and changing? I know about the change-log, but it doesn't have dates associated with each change. Is there another page or forum thread that only lists changes as they are made, so I can just check for new changes since last visit?

Don't worry about it, once released the list is not supposed to change. In some rare cases a trigger happy moderator or a bug might slip by but it's pretty stable. 2.2.9 is where the changes are at now.

Thanks

Fred

Sometimes it depends on how long between releases we go. 2.2.7 to 2.2.8 saw a lot of changes because it took so long update. Hopefully we don't let that happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived