• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 servian

servian

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:15 AM

This is for the following step in the guide:2-(CORE!-FPS!)Skyrim Realistic Overhaul [YES, AGAIN, we’ll take only landscape files from it] (CLICK HERE)COMPILER’S ADVICE(CLICK HERE) (NOTE: Also install every update available. Overwrites “Riften HQ Textures”)

When extracting the Skyrim Realistic Overhaul a second time, the second half to the compiler advice link at https://pastebin.com/q4X3CuK4 says to:
-Repeat the same procedure also for any available SRO update.
*We are going to take ONLY the landscape files from SRO and the snow roads, since the other textures are imho not worth it (we have already installed them before every other
mod and after the Optimized Hi-Res DLC).

Does this mean I extract the loose files in the landscape folder or all of the files in the landscape folder including subfolders in the update file?

#2 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

Take all the loose files in the landscape directory (no directories) and from the roads directory take the snow files. Do the same for update 1.3

#3 servian

servian

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

there is no snow in the roads folder in the 1.3 update so just the loose files?

#4 Nachtfrost

Nachtfrost

Prisoner

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

It's likely that the snow road textures weren't updated in 1.3. Just take the landscape folder from the 1.3 update and overwrite. You must read it like this: Take the loose landscape files + the snowroads to ...skyrim/data (and overwrite) And then: Extract the landscape folder from the update to ...skyrim/data and overwrite. The update covers only some textures of SRO, not all!

#5 servian

servian

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

I was just having trouble understanding what to take from the update file even though it says to do the same thing. I just wanted to make sure, thanks for clarifying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users