A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Version 4.0.5:

Guide Update:

• Added Blackreach Overhaul by Aiyen.

I just had to make sure this fit with the rest of the mods which is why it wasn't in yesterday's update.

Perfectly safe to install mid-playthrough, as long as you're not in Blackreach when you do. D:

Edited by CJ2311

I just had to make sure this fit with the rest of the mods which is why it wasn't in yesterday's update.

Perfectly safe to install mid-playthrough, as long as you're not in Blackreach when you do. D:

Hi CJ,

Thanks for your answer about NAVI record. Do you have BUM rules for JK's skyrim and Blackreach overhaul? I know that STEP doesn't recommend BOSS anymore, but SR:LE is still using BOSS. Thanks again.

Edited by darkside

Blackreach Overhaul can go wherever (as long as it's before lighting mods such as ELE) and JK's Skyrim should be with the rest of the city mods. (Placing it after ETAC - Complete.esp for instance would be fine)

Sorry I can't update the userlist since I'm not on my gaming rig atm.

• +1 1

Hey, just managed to install SRLE + REGS. First a warning :)

Fully modded it's 3,6GB VRAM usage in Whiterun and 3,2 outside. JKs Cities is a penality from 40 FPS down to 22 FPS in Whiterun from the highest spot (3770K + 8GB RAM + GTX970, all non OC). Outside it's 40-60 FPS.

There are still few questions...

First the BOSS sorting. There are few unrecognized files left.

I placed ETAC after "ETAC Complete.esp"  but dunno where the rest goes ?!

Second question is when installing REGS patch. Do I need to tick STEP extended patch as a SRLE user ?

STEP and SRLE share few mods...so I'm not sure.

/edit

Adding userlist.txt entries before the installations are done, will let BOSS disable mods in userlist.txt which are not installed, while throwing warnings. Had to run BOSS few times to let it reenable mods by itself. Still few are left.

•  
  • JKs Skyrim Major Cities.esp Active
  •  
  • BlackreachOverhaul.esp Active
  •  
  • FarmhouseChimneys.esp Active
  •  
  • FarmhouseChimneysCRF.esp Active
  •  
  • FarmhouseChimneysFalskaar.esp Active
  •  
  • FarmhouseChimneysLAL.esp Active
  •  
  • FarmhouseChimneysMaS.esp Active
  •  
  • FarmhouseChimneysWyrmstooth.esp Active
  •  
  • Rest of ETAC Patches (SRLE related)....
  •  

Edited by Quando

Hey, just managed to install SRLE + REGS.

Second question is when installing REGS patch. Do I need to tick STEP extended patch as a SRLE user ?

I am pretty sure you do not - instead you need to build your own patch - follow the link for an outdated version - then go through the history to see if any of the changes to either Pack require new patching.

Which link do you mean ? Changelog ?

/edit

checked the SRLE TES5Edit patching page, most of it is obsolete / old.

NPC is fixed by Etac Complete BOYD NPC Fix etc. Rest fixes minor things like missing Music in some spaces.

Same goes for REGS - STEP Extended patch. Does same like BOYD / RS Conflict Resolution.esp

Mostly minor things are different like fog distance, colors etc.

I will try without STEP - Extended / LRSE Fixes. Hard to decide anyway which values to use when that many mods are involved.

Edited by Quando

Hey, just managed to install SRLE + REGS. First a warning :)

Fully modded it's 3,6GB VRAM usage in Whiterun and 3,2 outside. JKs Cities is a penality from 40 FPS down to 22 FPS in Whiterun from the highest spot (3770K + 8GB RAM + GTX970, all non OC). Outside it's 40-60 FPS.

First the BOSS sorting. There are few unrecognized files left.

I placed ETAC after "ETAC Complete.esp"  but dunno where the rest goes ?!

STEP and SRLE share few mods...so I'm not sure.

/edit

Adding userlist.txt entries before the installations are done, will let BOSS disable mods in userlist.txt which are not installed, while throwing warnings. Had to run BOSS few times to let it reenable mods by itself. Still few are left.

Just wondering, I take it your using Vividean ENB, body mods like UNP, etc. Full Step Lenendary install from Neo?

It's occurred to me I probably should have posted in here, rather than creating a separate topic.

I have SRLE installed and running totally fine. I'm trying to install REGS over the top of it, but having some issues.

One issue is the same issue as people are reporting above. BOSS, even with the REGS userlist, just doesn't recognise a huge swath of plugins. 

My other issue is the sheer amount of .esps this adds. My SRLE has 160 .esps, but by the time I've added maybe 20 mods from REGS, I've seen a +60 plugin jump. I assume many of these plugins are meant to be merged, and whilst I know how to merge plugins, I have no idea what plugins I should be merging. The guide itself has no information on this, can anyone help?

I've got about 2/3 rds of REGs on top off 99% of SRLE. I don't use Interesting NPCs (great mod but they are TOO interesting - but maybe I should give them a try again) or stuff from Steam or anything too SciFi in the last section. (I really appreciate how modular REGS is that way.) I do use all the city expansions, Moon and Star, Inconsequential NPCs etc. After learning and experiencing building everything in SRLE it was pretty obvious how to build the necessary patch for SRLE-REGS and how to order most of the ESPs with BUM/BOSS. I also added in a few follower mods, expanded ASIS and ACE, etc.

This has resulted in a very stable game for me so far with cities and towns that feel much more like thriving places - big kudos to CJ and everyone here for all their great work.

The only real design choice/question I have have is whether JK's city mods are better than Blue Piano's Dawn of cities - they are both great sets of mods but whereas JK concentrates a bit more on clutter and foliage/plants Blue Piano seems to focus more on adding structures and NPCs/merchant types.

Be sure to ask any specific questions you have.

Edited by statmonster

It's occurred to me I probably should have posted in here, rather than creating a separate topic.

I have SRLE installed and running totally fine. I'm trying to install REGS over the top of it, but having some issues.

One issue is the same issue as people are reporting above. BOSS, even with the REGS userlist, just doesn't recognise a huge swath of plugins. 

My other issue is the sheer amount of .esps this adds. My SRLE has 160 .esps, but by the time I've added maybe 20 mods from REGS, I've seen a +60 plugin jump. I assume many of these plugins are meant to be merged, and whilst I know how to merge plugins, I have no idea what plugins I should be merging. The guide itself has no information on this, can anyone help?

You can definitely merge etac patches but you have to rebuild the navi info in the ck. This was talked about perviously

Yes, all the patches can be merged, unless some black magic happened and I dont know it yet.

Supposedly DBS can't be merged but I dont use DBS because of FAtT IV. (yes, I patched the nav mesh...)

I'll probably upload a CRF+SS+BoS+3DNPC+JK Cities patch. I gave it one shot and now I'm not too happy with it.

My game seems to be fine, no crash or bugs in 12 hours.

But there is something missing. Follower Mods do not adjust followers to higher difficulties.

That means, playing on legendary, followers do massive damage and are overpowered.

Stupid thing anyway to give a player penalities instead of giving NPCs buffs.

Edited by Quando

My game seems to be fine, no crash or bugs in 12 hours.

But there is something missing. Follower Mods do not adjust followers to higher difficulties.

That means, playing on legendary, followers do massive damage and are overpowered.

Stupid thing anyway to give a player penalities instead of giving NPCs buffs.

I have a similar problem too, and I am playing at Expert. Any foe against Vilja gets rekt.