A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

NSUtR should come before BDS and the patches after As per instruction in the mod page

I just downloaded BDS and checked it in TES5Edit: Order does not matter as long as the patch is loaded after both mods, because the only two records conflicting between BDS and NSutR are 00026FD3 and 00026FD9, which are both overwritten by the patch.Putting NSutR so early in the load order could actually make some of its changes get overwritten by other mods and might not be ideal. Plus it's a landscaping mod so it belongs in that category :P

Mhmm, ok then :p I don't know anything that changes those meshes (maybe some of those farmhouse overhauls going around?) but yh, you're right!

EDIT: So the new SHT is incompatible with EFF and The Paarthurnax Dilemma. I've gone through the description of the mod but I didn't really understand if it does anything more than allowing more blades to be recruited and paarthurnax not to be killed (The nexus being down is not helping at all). And a noob question: if I load ELFX Exteriors and LoS in the ck can I make a patch in there or do I have to check the formids and delete them in TES5Edit?

Edited by Gandaganza

Looking at the Sky Haven Temple Enhanced mod, it seems more like a quest mod than a location mod. It makes significant gameplay changes such as it's own version of dealing with Paarthurnax. It is incompatible with The Paarthurnax Dilemma, a STEP:Core mod. REGS will need alternate versions of the STEP:Core Patch and STEP:Extended Patch since The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp is a master for both of these patches.

As a long-time modder who deeply appreciates all the work that you guys are doing with REGS (and STEP and SR:LE), I would like to weigh in with an opinion on the SkyHavenTempleEnhanced issues.   While the concept of SHTE looks great, and I appreciate you guys including it in the latest build, I am deeply concerned about it's incompatibilities with STEP and EFF.   While I'm sure that the STEP incompatibilities can be easily addressed with a patch, I'm not so sure about the EFF problem - and I would hate to see REGS mandate which follower mod I can or cannot use (especially when it conflicts with SR:LE).

If this becomes a non-issue with the latest EFF build, than all is well and good, and I have no problems.  But if the conflict remains, may I suggest that you consider 'splitting' the REGS loadout with an either/or option?  That is, if one is willing to forgo EFF, then install SHTE and any required patches; else, direct the player to install the previous build's SkyHavenTempleMerchantsAndMore?   This would allow people who want to use EFF to still have an improved temple listed in REGS, while making clear the cost if the player wants to install the full SHTE.

May I also suggest that you also list other known incompatibilities in other REGS mods?  Yes, I know a user should be able to look at the original mod listings to suss these out, but that's hard work that everyone needs to duplicate, so most people won't, and people will complain when problems arise.  For example, it is not obvious that installing Aurora Village conflicts with both Oakwood (a place mod) and Anduniel (a very nice companion mod), but adding that message would be a big help to anyone installing REGS, especially if they're doing so after (say) already having Anduniel installed.   I personally have no idea what other mods might conflict with what, but it would be really nice if the REGS install pages could act a one-source-stop for that kind of info, rather than making everyone have to look at the pages for every REGS mod they install.

Just my two cents worth.

Galen

Edited by GalenZ

Hi, first of all thanks for all your work. This pack is fantastic! It would be virtually impossible to get all all these great mods working together in such a stable way without your pack.

1. Just to let you know that it appears that there is a problem with the ETaC-Complete.esp in the REGS ETaC replacer 3.02. With it, Riverwood is messed up. The wall at the entrance of the village is back at its vanilla position and some houses and doors are clipped. I changed the esp back to the one in REGs version 3.0 and that fixed the problem. So for the moment, I'll keep using the replacement ETaC-Complete.esp from 3.0 with all other esps from 3.02.

2. I was getting crashes when entering Whiterun after my update to REGS v3. I didn't have the problem with v2. After looking into it for a while, I think the problem was caused by 3DNPC.esp being too low in the load order. I followed your recommendation to place it at BOTTOM of "Overrides Late" when I updated to REGS 3.0. Before that, I had placed 3DNPC at the bottom of "NPC face mods" which is much earlier in the load order. So I switched it back to BOTTOM of "NPC face mods" and it seems to have fixed the problem. I haven't tested this extensively, but I still think it might be a good idea to load 3DNPC earlier that what you suggest.

3. I have a question in regard to SkyHaven Temple, I tried to disable The Paarthumax Dilemma but it creates a problem with the STEP extended patch so I prefer to forgo using Recruit More Blades. I was wondering if I could reinstall Sky Haven Temple Merchants and More instead. Would it be compatible with the rest of REGS 3.02?

Once again, thanks for your great work. 

Wing

Edited by Wing

So originally 3DNPC.esp was at the top of the Companions Load Early section, and I agree with Wing that putting it at the bottom of Overrides late might be too far down, but putting it way up at the bottom of NPC face mods seems quite early to me. Anyhow, this is based on no actual evidence, so I'll have to check to see if I get the same crashes, though, and take a look at the effect either location in the load order has with other mods in TES5Edit.

I copied in the recommended BOSS Userlist entries from the guide, and after sorting see that Live Another Life is still coming after REGS - Cities and associated patches, so some of LAL's NavMeshes will overwrite ones in REGS - Cities and ETaC. So my quick fix here was to set LAL to load at the BOTTOM of Overrides Late (instead of at the top of the Alternate starts section as it is set in the Masterlist for BOSS 2.2 right now.) You guys might want to give some consideration to advice on load order for LAL users who haven't dived into using LOOT yet (ie., most of them.)

EDIT: Well, I didn't crash upon entering Whiterun, so not sure what's going on there, but I did visit RIverwood and saw the same things as Wing - Holy clipping buildings, Batman! At least the floating SkyBirds nest I got with ETaC is now sitting on the roof of the western entrance structure!  ::P:

Edited by keithinhanoi

EDIT: So the new SHT is incompatible with EFF and The Paarthurnax Dilemma. I've gone through the description of the mod but I didn't really understand if it does anything more than allowing more blades to be recruited and paarthurnax not to be killed (The nexus being down is not helping at all). And a noob question: if I load ELFX Exteriors and LoS in the ck can I make a patch in there or do I have to check the formids and delete them in TES5Edit?

The Sky Haven Temple mod adds a quest that ties Helgen Reborn and the Fight the Thalmor together, it also makes SHT upgreadable like a hearthfires home, so unlike the previous mod, you'll actually have to work to rebuild the temple. Even braziers require firewood to burn. The Recruit More Blades option is just that: an option.And yes you can make a patch in the CK but it actually requires setting EFLX-Exteriors and LoS as false masters (with Wrye Bash), then creating a new .esp file and loading that file together with the 2 masters. 

Looking at the Sky Haven Temple Enhanced mod, it seems more like a quest mod than a location mod. It makes significant gameplay changes such as it's own version of dealing with Paarthurnax. It is incompatible with The Paarthurnax Dilemma, a STEP:Core mod. REGS will need alternate versions of the STEP:Core Patch and STEP:Extended Patch since The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp is a master for both of these patches.

I have a better idea, I'll contact ItsMeToo and offer him to host a version of the mod that is cleaned and does not contain any of the Paarthunax/Blades changes, that way we avoid all compatibility problems altogether. 

As a long-time modder who deeply appreciates all the work that you guys are doing with REGS (and STEP and SR:LE), I would like to weigh in with an opinion on the SkyHavenTempleEnhanced issues. While the concept of SHTE looks great, and I appreciate you guys including it in the latest build, I am deeply concerned about it's incompatibilities with STEP and EFF. While I'm sure that the STEP incompatibilities can be easily addressed with a patch, I'm not so sure about the EFF problem - and I would hate to see REGS mandate which follower mod I can or cannot use (especially when it conflicts with SR:LE).

Funny that you would object to a guide mandating which follower mod to use if you're using SR:LE which already does the same ::P:Anyway, the EFF incompatibility, as stated at the start of the guide, is only minor, you will still get a working setup, you just won't be able to recruit more than 3 blades (which is a non vanilla feature added by the Sky Haven Temple mod)Hopefully, ItsMeToo will agree to hosting a version that does not conflict with EFF/Paarthunax mods and this will become a non-issue. 

If this becomes a non-issue with the latest EFF build, than all is well and good, and I have no problems. But if the conflict remains, may I suggest that you consider 'splitting' the REGS loadout with an either/or option? That is, if one is willing to forgo EFF, then install SHTE and any required patches; else, direct the player to install the previous build's SkyHavenTempleMerchantsAndMore? This would allow people who want to use EFF to still have an improved temple listed in REGS, while making clear the cost if the player wants to install the full SHTE.

The problem with either/or options is that with the actual format of packs, we're pretty much limited in what we can do, simply renaming a mod category for example requires copying the contents of the whole list again. The Pack template seems to be still in beta. 

May I also suggest that you also list other known incompatibilities in other REGS mods? Yes, I know a user should be able to look at the original mod listings to suss these out, but that's hard work that everyone needs to duplicate, so most people won't, and people will complain when problems arise. For example, it is not obvious that installing Aurora Village conflicts with both Oakwood (a place mod) and Anduniel (a very nice companion mod), but adding that message would be a big help to anyone installing REGS, especially if they're doing so after (say) already having Anduniel installed. I personally have no idea what other mods might conflict with what, but it would be really nice if the REGS install pages could act a one-source-stop for that kind of info, rather than making everyone have to look at the pages for every REGS mod they install.

If we were to do that, the incompatibility list would be thrice as long as the guide itself ::P:I think we'll stick to STEP/SR:LE compatibilities only, as it is impossible to track down the tens of thousands of mods on the nexus, any one of which could potentially be incompatible with a mod in the guide.Just like with STEP and SR:LE, if you want to add additional mods you'll have to check their own pages to check for incompatibilities.Aurora Village does not conflict with Oakwood by the way, at least that's what Aurora's page said and my initial testing showed. (We didn't include both because the area would be overcrowded) 

1. Just to let you know that it appears that there is a problem with the ETaC-Complete.esp in the REGS ETaC replacer 3.02. With it, Riverwood is messed up. The wall at the entrance of the village is back at its vanilla position and some houses and doors are clipped. I changed the esp back to the one in REGs version 3.0 and that fixed the problem. So for the moment, I'll keep using the replacement ETaC-Complete.esp from 3.0 with all other esps from 3.02.

Huh, that's weird, because I had not changed anything in the ETaC Replacer in versions 3.0.1 and 3.0.2. I'll revert the file in the download too, maybe it was a wild edit... 

2. I was getting crashes when entering Whiterun after my update to REGS v3. I didn't have the problem with v2. After looking into it for a while, I think the problem was caused by 3DNPC.esp being too low in the load order. I followed your recommendation to place it at BOTTOM of "Overrides Late" when I updated to REGS 3.0. Before that, I had placed 3DNPC at the bottom of "NPC face mods" which is much earlier in the load order. So I switched it back to BOTTOM of "NPC face mods" and it seems to have fixed the problem. I haven't tested this extensively, but I still think it might be a good idea to load 3DNPC earlier that what you suggest.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said the other day about 3DNPC definitely being in the wrong order on BOSS :DHowever I'm not getting any crash in Whiterun, Are you using mods other than those in REGS/STEP? A loadorder would be appreciated if it's the case. 

3. I have a question in regard to SkyHaven Temple, I tried to disable The Paarthumax Dilemma but it creates a problem with the STEP extended patch so I prefer to forgo using Recruit More Blades. I was wondering if I could reinstall Sky Haven Temple Merchants and More instead. Would it be compatible with the rest of REGS 3.02?Once again, thanks for your great work.Wing

Yep, you can revert to Merchants & More while we try to find a solution to this issue.Thanks for the feedback guys :D

Edited by CJ2311

I copied in the recommended BOSS Userlist entries from the guide, and after sorting see that Live Another Life is still coming after REGS - Cities and associated patches, so some of LAL's NavMeshes will overwrite ones in REGS - Cities and ETaC. So my quick fix here was to set LAL to load at the BOTTOM of Overrides Late (instead of at the top of the Alternate starts section as it is set in the Masterlist for BOSS 2.2 right now.) You guys might want to give some consideration to advice on load order for LAL users who haven't dived into using LOOT yet (ie., most of them.)

Ugh, completely forgot about LAL... Apparently there's just 3 navmesh conflicts, 2 of which are not really conflicts but just CK reordering the same connectors, but the third should not pose any problem other than followers/NPCs acting a bit weird if they go in a certain area, I'll check ingame when I've got some time...I don't see any navmesh conflict with REGS - Cities though, only DragonmournInn and ETaC - Complete.

Hi Jarl, here's my load order. I have in fact a fair few extra mods in addition to Step Core, Extended and REGS. (I also used the Weather Pack and some stuff about the weather and lighting from  SRLE, i.e. Vividian)I have a clean saved games without any mods just after the intro of the game as I arrived at Riverwood. That where I install all the packs and other mods for testing. So the crash at Whiterun was just as I entered the city for the first time. There's a scripted conversation between two characters in front of the forge as you entered the city. The crash occured a few times just as I was walking up the main road while the conversation was occuring or a bit after it. Since there was an autosave as I entered the city before the crash occured, I was able to reload to directly inside the city and if I remember well, I think I didn't crash when I did that. But if I tried to get inside the city directly coming from Riverwood, I crashed every time. So the crash seemed to occur only the first time in a new game I entered the city.

Note: With the following load order and REGS v2, never had a crash.

Cheers.

PS: Like keithinhanoi said in regard to the problem with the ETac replacement esp, "At least the floating SkyBirds nest I got with ETaC is now sitting on the roof of the western entrance structure! 

Is there any chance that you could include SkyBirds in a future version of REGS and make a patch to fix this floating nest in Riverwood and also the bird that is standing in front of the inn (in vanilla, it is perched on the fence in front of the inn but with ETaC, it is floating a few feet away from the fence? A real explorer wouldn't want to miss those birds!

======================================

LOAD ORDER *** I just realised as I pasted this list that the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp was out of order - see below - so I just moved it back up after Update.esm. I don't know for how long it was like that. Wonder if it created some problems I was not aware of.

Skyrim.esm Active
Update.esm Active
Dawnguard.esm Active
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active
HearthFires.esm Active
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Active
Dragonborn.esm Active
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Active
Falskaar.esm Active
Wyrmstooth.esp Active
ApachiiHair.esm Active
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm Active
AP Skyrim.esm Active
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm Active
ETaC - RESOURCES.esm Active
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm Active
mannyBlackRock.esm Active
ORS_MorthalPain.esm Active
ORS_SolitudeGate.esm Active
SPIKE.esm Active
TravellersOfSkyrim.esm Active
WinterholdDestruction.esm Active
StandaloneMaster.esm Active
REGS - Resources.esm Active
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
DSAMG - Miraak Music Fixes.esp Active
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp Active
3DNPC.esp Active
immersive wenches.esp Active
immersive wenches RRR-patch.esp Active
MF+R+SoR+PtW+RP+SS+IP Merged.esp Active
(Merged file of: Morning Fogs Refined + Rainbows + Splash of Rain + HD Rabbit Plus + Shooting Stars + Improved Puddles) 
ExpandedSnowSystems-CoT.esp Active
ADS.esp Active
AOS.esp Active
DragonShoutVoice.esp Active
IHSS.esp Active
Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp Active
LIAT - Sounds.esp Active
randomthunder.esp Active
mintylightningmod.esp Active
MintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.esp Active
TouringCarriages.esp Active
Cutting Room Floor.esp Active
TradeBarter.esp Active
83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowRes.esp Active
AMatterOfTime.esp Active
Ars Metallica.esp Active
Ars Metallica DLC Merged.esp Active
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp Active
Better Skill and Quest Books Names.esp Active
BirdsHFclean.esp Active
Birdsofskyrim.esp Active
BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.esp Active
Bring Out Your Dead.esp Active
Catsofskyrim.esp Active
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp Active
Dead Body Collision.esp Active
Dogs-of-Skyrim.esp Active
Disease Description + DLC Merged.esp Active
Dogsofskyrim.esp Active
Dual Sheath Redux.esp Active
DungeonQuestAwareness.esp Active
fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp Active
HoldBorderBanners.esp Active
Lanterns Of Skyrim - AIO - Dawnguard.esp Active
Lanterns of Skyrim - Vividian ENB.esp Active
LIAT - NPCs.esp Active
manny Lantern Caretakers.esp Active
More Salt Please + DLC merged.esp Active
Moss Rocks + DB merged.esp Active
MVABasic.esp Active
ORM-Arvak.esp Active
PilgrimsDelight.esp Active
Populated Skyrim Prisons Cells.esp Active
Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp Active
Skippy's Book Overhaul.esp Active
skyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds.esp Active
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp Active
SMDropLitTorch.esp Active
SwiftPotion.esp Active
Traps Make Noise.esp
TravellersOfSkyrim - Vanilla.esp Active
TravellersOfSkyrim - Dragonborn Addon.esp Active
WetandCold.esp Active
WetandCold - Ashes.esp Active
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp Active
Footprints.esp Active
Footprints - Ash.esp Active
NoxUE2.00.esp Active
RaceMenu.esp Active
RaceMenuPlugin.esp Active
RaceMenuOverlays.esp Active
towConversation.esp Active
SA_HFDBPlugin.esp Active
SleepMenuExtender.esp Active
SkyUI.esp Active
iHUD.esp Active
Customizable Camera.esp Active
towPov.esp Active
Cloaks.esp Active
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp Active
Elemental Staves.esp Active
ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp Active
Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp Active
imp_helm.esp Active
imp_helm_imp.esp Active
imp_helm_dawn.esp Active
imp_help_dbrn.esp Active
PrinceandPauper.esp Active
UNPNaughtyRemodel.esp Active
Another Sorting.esp Active
ASM-Soul Gems-Alternative.esp Active
Weapons and Armor Fixes_Remade_ASM.esp
Lock Overhaul.esp Active
AdalMatar.esp Active
Apple garden.esp Active
AuroraVillage.esp Active
CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp Active
CWIDawnguardPatch.esp Active
CWIDragonbornPatch.esp Active
Daggercross_Alley.esp Active
DragonmournInn.esp Active
Gildergreen Regrown.esp Active
tos_granitehall.esp Active
high hrothgar overhaul.esp Active
Immersive Orc Strongholds.esp Active
Inconsequential NPCs.esp Active
Nightingale Hall.esp Active
ORS_ChaptersLinker.esp Active
ORS_DremoraUpdate.esp Active
quest_pitfighter.esp Active
quest_pitfighter_dlc01.esp Active
Run For Your Lives.esp Active
When Vampires Attack.esp Active
quest_seaofghosts.esp Active
TheDomain.esp Active
TheFrontier.esp Active
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp Active
whiterun spruce by revan1199.esp Active
SkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.esp Active
360WalkandRunPlus-RunBackwardSpeedAdjust.esp Active
AchieveThat.esp Active
Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp Active
BetterQuestObjectives.esp Active
BetterQuestObjective DLC+Patch Merged.esp Active
Book Covers Skyrim.esp Active
TCIY-BCS Patch.esp Active
BCS - ASM Patch.esp Active
BCS - BSQBN Patch.esp Active
Better Skill and Quest Books Names_ASM.esp Active
BlockSparkles.esp Active
Distant DetailHF.esp Active
DiversePriests.esp Active
dynamic fires.esp Active
FalskaarDawnguard.esp Active
Falskaar Wildlife.esp Active
FSS-Slight pause between lines.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp Active
SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.esp Active
Headtracking.esp Active
SkyRealism - Grass.esp Active
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp Active
Convenient Horses.esp Active
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp Active
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp Active
Soul Gems Differ - E.esp Active
TheChoiceIsYours.esp Active
TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp Active
UnreadBooksGlow.esp Active
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp Active
Drinking Fountains of Skyrim.esp Active
Drinking Fountains of Skyrim Sound.esp Active
ETaC - Complete.esp Active
ETaC - Complete LoS Patch.esp Active
ExpandedWinterholdRuins.esp Active
Helgen Reborn.esp Active
Helgen Reborn - Cyrodiil Frontier Patch.esp Active
RavenRockExpanded.esp Active
tos_amber_guard.esp Active
tos_laintardale_hf.esp Active
WhiterunAlivePiano.esp Active
REGS - Better City Entrances.esp Active
REGS - Better Docks.esp Active
DawnofRiften.esp Active
Understone Keep Repair.esp Active
HearthfireChimneys - ETaC.esp Active
Chesko_Step418.esp Active
Unique Grasses.esp Active
Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp Active
Prometheus_NSUTR Falskaar Dock.esp Active
DawnofWindhelm.esp Active
Provincial Courier Service.esp Active
RealisticRoomRental.esp Active
RRR_3DNPC-Patch.esp Active
REGS - Cities.esp Active
REGS Patch - NSutR + RRR.esp Active
REGS Patch - ORS.esp Active
REGS Patch - CRF.esp Active
REGS Patch - 3DNPC.esp Active
SoS - The Dungeons.esp Active
REGS Patch - STEP Extended.esp Active
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp Active
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp Active
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp Active
CWIELnFXPatch.esp Active
RRR_ELFX-Patch.esp Active
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp Active
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp Active
ClimatesOfTamriel Falskaar.esp Active
Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp Active
CoT-WeatherPatch.esp Active
CoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp Active
CoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.esp Active
Vividian - Exdended Weathers.esp Active
Vividian - Diverse Weathers - AOS.esp Active
CoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.esp Active
CoT-WeatherPatch_ESS.esp Active
BFSEffects.esp Active
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp Active
ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp Active
Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp Active
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp Active
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp Active
vImmersiveBeds.esp Active
vImmersiveBeds - HFDG.esp Active
Beard+Brows+EyesOfBeaty+EoBElven.esp Active
SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp Active
moveitLWT.esp
NonEssentialChildren.esp Active
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp Active
TTYM - Think to Yourself Messages.esp Active
Animated Weapon Enchants.esp Active
DawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.esp Active
getSnowy.esp Active
No More Glowing Edges.esp Active
RealisticWaterTwo.esp Active
REGS Patch - RWT.esp Active
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp Active
RealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.esp Active
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.esp Active
RealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp Active
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.esp Active
Watercolor_for_ENB_RWT.esp Active
Inconsequential PNP patch.esp Active
PNP_InterestingNPC.esp Active
STEP Extended Patch.esp Active
Bashed Patch, 0.esp Active
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp Active
AOS_Reduced_Reverb_Addon.esp Active

Edited by Wing

Version 3.0.3 released, it fixes the mayhem in Riverwood, you only need to grab the ETaC Replacer.

Also added a note about not installing the Sky Haven Temple mod until I get the issues sorted out.

Err, could you please edit your post to put the load order between spoiler tags like this to reduce the amount of information on the screen?

[spoiler]List goes here[/spoiler]

I guess I'll fix the SkyBirds issue in the STEP Extended patch then, I don't think a single nest would warrant an entire esp slot...

Is there any chance that you could include SkyBirds in a future version of REGS and make a patch to fix this floating nest in Riverwood and also the bird that is standing in front of the inn (in vanilla, it is perched on the fence in front of the inn but with ETaC, it is floating a few feet away from the fence? A real explorer wouldn't want to miss those birds!

Um, I already patched the floating sparrow, but that's from a different bird mod - Birds of Skyrim! Easy enough, just set the z position to be the same as the fence next to it, if I remember correctly (I did that in TES5Edit!)

However, if you try going into console and clicking on any SkyBirds nest, you'll notice the first two characters of the ID are FF, which means it's a script-created object. I actually scoured the SkyBirds comments thread looking for the solution to another problem - nests hovering half a mile up from Riverwood and some other places. I confirmed the script-created nest function of the mod in one of steve40's comments, and also found out that the sky-bound nests is related to an improper object bound value for one of Vurt's custom pines in Skyrim Flora Overhaul. Who would've thought?!

Anyhow, the only way I know of to get rid of that nest is by using the MarkForDelete command in console (after clicking on the nest to see it's ID #).

Any Birds of Skyrim fixes would involve patching with the Birdsofskyrim.eps as a master, so I'm not sure if CJ is interested into doing that so much...

RE: avoiding posting long load order lists in the STEP forums - I tried using spoiler tags yesterday, and they didn't work, so I'd also suggest throwing load order / .ini contents into a pastebin.com page, and emdedding the link in your post.

@Wing: Alright, I looked at your load order, and to be fairly honest, that's a lot of mods, most of which aren't in STEP. I can't really tell you what's conflicting with 3DNPC on there, only TES5Edit could. I am suspecting it might be the Perfect Whiterun mod though.

Anyway I can't tell people to load 3DNPC THAT early because it could actually cause problems then for some configurations. The place specified for it in the guide is actually chosen in a way so that it would not break any of the other mods in STEP/REGS.