A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Good morning,

First test was to launch the game (no alternate start) yesterday.

It worked well except that people in the carriage (Ralof, the thief and Ulfric) had their body skin lines like doubling/shaking (hard to explain sorry). I will probably send a screenshot at the end of the day to better show what happened.

Well it happened with the ENB I'm currently using (Ruvaak Dahmaan ENB Redone at https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40088). While I paused the ENB, the problem disappeared. My guess is that something goes wrong with the files (meshes and/or textures) included in your REGSv1.0.rar (something with facegendata or facetint I don't know how it works neither what it does).

I'm not sure the problem is carried on along the main quest while in Helgen, I will have to chek that (this evening).

I would take any advice to identify precisely the issue IOT work on that in case it happens for someone else.

Alkira.

The facegen data only covers new NPCs in the mods that were merged, they do not have any effect on vanilla NPCs. Basically they're files that tell the game what new unique NPCs should look like.

I'm pretty sure the issue you had with that has nothing to do with the pack either, because none of the mods in the pack affects Ulfric, Lokir, or Ralof. It's more likely to be caused by body mods/textures that you might be using.

In fact, the only city mod that affects a quest at all is Helgen Reborn, and that one isn't included in the pack yet...

At the moment I only use STEP Core (Baseline) , WnL and your REGS packs. I don't use any other body mod nor external texture at the moment (but I'm willing to).

I got your point and I'm glad it is unlikely to be caused by your Pack. But still this is something I have to understand.

Alkira.

I will try to record something this evening to show (or even the screenshot is enough) if I have time to do so (never did that before so it'll take time). I'm not at home atm, will check that later.

But it could also come from the association between WnL mods and the ENB (most probable cause so) if nothing happened regarding your test. Thanks for that.

Will try tonight and give you feedback on PM (not directly related to your pack thus nothing to do with this thread I think).

Alkira.

@ Alkira, good to know it worked.

I haven't tried  yet with all the Alternate Start - Live Another Life options. If memory serves me right I think there is (or perhaps used to be) a major conflict with ETaC in 1 or 2 places. If anyone happens to run REGS with AL-LAL please do report :)

Okay, so we're actually working on compatibility with other packs and STEP.

I've determined that the current pack is (almost) fully compatible with STEP extended as long as you load it before the official STEP patches.

Of course, I'll still be addressing the remaining incompatibilities between ETaC and BYOD.

We've also decided to drop the modular aspect of the patches, because they're a pita to maintain. Some patches will remain optional like the RRR one, but most will be removed.

Finally, if you find any mod with a deleted navmesh (like Daggercross Alley or Dawn of Windhelm), please report it so we can provide a clean version in a replacer .esp until the mod author gets around to fixing it. Thanks.