I am in the process of creating a more comprehensive and representative suite of screenshots of several different relevant ENBs.
I used Mod Organizer to prepare specific profiles as recommended by each of the presented ENBs over the top of STEP:Core 2.2.8. Each configuration uses the default recommended settings of the respective ENB (less the letterbox effect, which I personally do not like). This means that all recommended lighting and weather mods and INI configurations were used as per the author's recommendations (fGamma=1.0000 if not defined explicitly by the ENB). Thus, I have mad no changes other than disabling letterbox for maximum screen comparisons, since many use it and many don't.
I am going to add files for each ENB to soften the downloads. The best way to view these is to extract all archives to a single directory. They are named such that all screens and versions will be in a consistent sequence as listed following. This list will grow as I add the 11 screens of saves I have configured specifically for this presentation. I will upload to the Nexus if I finish and have something respectable enough that passes muster here. Let's begin:
- Bleak ENB - ELFX-based. Just as the name says. Well balanced overall. (I used the no vignette and no grain optionals)
- Falkonian ENB - ELFX-based. Also a bit oversaturated, but good lighting and color tone is also good.
- Grim & Somber ENB - Realistic Lighting, fantasy, interiors way too bright (that is RL I now know), even with darker dungeons (saturation is good though). RL is not required, so it may be better without that. water subsurface scattering is also an issue. Not happy with the skylighting ... there is no color in the sky and the sun is all but absent.
- HRK ENB - CoT-Realistic lighting, realistic. Good balance overall. Very realistic. Skys/suyn are not my favorite though. Realistic lighting causes the strange colors and glow in caves, just like Grim & Sober, so RL may be causing what I don't like here (exacerbating vanilla)
- SkyLight ENB - CoT-ELFX-based, realistic, water subsurface scattering needs fixing (this is under 58148 weather). Also, interiors on clear days are much darker than on snowy days for some reason. IMO, interiors should be almost the same in any weather with only subtle diffs (except day should be crisper and cooler than night due to window lighting). I would want to delete all interior lighting references from the weather INIs and use the global for interiors.
- Therion ENB - ELFX-based, dark/bleak, fantasy - uniquely stylized, a bit too grainy and dark at dusk/dawn, incredible (IMO).
- Unbleak ENB - ELFX-based. The opposite extreme of Bleak. Too saturated IMO, but not bad ... need a Midbleak version (I used the no vignette and no grain optionals)