ENB Compare Screenshots

z929669

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant disable the ingame gamma! You can disable the image space brightness which is what you talk about Neovalen. If altering the fGamma value does nothing then I would say that your game is not loading the correct ini, or you are tweaking the wrong one.

Night vision works by altering the image space brightness. In ENB this value is stored in the parameter _c3.w. So in order to have night vision working all you need to do is to have this value multiplied to the color.

For further reference then the difference between brightness and gamma is the following.

Brightness is

color = color * brightness

Gamma is

color = pow(color, gamma)

Where gamma is normally 2.2 for optimal viewing on most monitors.

OK' date=' that is very sensible. Wish they all did that![/quote']

Problem is it also disables things like night eye or predator vision. There is a new ENB based night eye effect that came out recently though.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I have looked up that mod and from what i have seen in screenshots, it just looks arkward to me.. at least without tweaking.

Its washed out and grainy, which i usually dont really appreciate, but i dont like film effect and "filmish" look in RPGs anyways.

From what i have seen in shots, it looks more like the character has nightvision googles than the ability to see in the night as part of his beasty nature.

Maybe thats just a thing you can tweak (most likely it is) but until its worked out i will stick with Predator Vision and presets that work with it.

A small note Z:

SkyLight ENB - CoT-ELFX-based, realistic, water subsurface scattering needs fixing (this is under 58148 weather). Also, interiors on clear days are much darker than on snowy days for some reason. IMO, interiors should be almost the same in any weather with only subtle diffs (except day should be crisper and cooler than night due to window lighting). I would want to delete all interior lighting references from the weather INIs and use the global for interiors.

There is only one global interior setting in my preset. If you check you will notice that all interior values are the same, day and night and in every ini file. 

Interiors vary greatly, and largely it comes down to how the lighting mods behave and not how the ENB is setup. ENB´s only alter the base values the mods provide after all. 

Also Water and subsurface scattering is texture dependent, hence I urge people to tweak them into perfection for what they use. I wont be making a different set of files for every texture combination out there. Just too much work for too little gain. 

I will cover in my guide eventually on how to do this. 

Also what sort of snow texture are you using to make your roofs look that bright ? I never noticed my roofs being so bright! :) 

Edit: I also checked out on the weather thing... apparently it is only snow weathers that are brighter then every other weather... guess this is a weird mod edit somewhere. Guess I can try to find it.

A small note Z:

SkyLight ENB - CoT-ELFX-based, realistic, water subsurface scattering needs fixing (this is under 58148 weather). Also, interiors on clear days are much darker than on snowy days for some reason. IMO, interiors should be almost the same in any weather with only subtle diffs (except day should be crisper and cooler than night due to window lighting). I would want to delete all interior lighting references from the weather INIs and use the global for interiors.

There is only one global interior setting in my preset. If you check you will notice that all interior values are the same, day and night and in every ini file. 

Interiors vary greatly, and largely it comes down to how the lighting mods behave and not how the ENB is setup. ENB´s only alter the base values the mods provide after all. 

Also Water and subsurface scattering is texture dependent, hence I urge people to tweak them into perfection for what they use. I wont be making a different set of files for every texture combination out there. Just too much work for too little gain. 

I will cover in my guide eventually on how to do this. 

Also what sort of snow texture are you using to make your roofs look that bright ? I never noticed my roofs being so bright! :) 

Edit: I also checked out on the weather thing... apparently it is only snow weathers that are brighter then every other weather... guess this is a weird mod edit somewhere. Guess I can try to find it.

I understand that, but I am using your recommended configuration and textures (which are mostly the same as other ENB recommendations other than CoT). Paticle patch and subsurface scattering patch are both in use too. You should check it out for yourself to confirm. Go in game to Broken Oar Barrow just outside the entrance and face North near dusk. Weather should be xxx58148. I have yours set up under a MO profile, since it is one of the more complex configs, so I can provide you details of exactly what I have going on.

The snow on roofs and on roads is only present when I test ENBs recommending CoT, so that is the culprit I think (see HRK). I am not a fan so much of that aspect of CoT. Also, it is not the CoT Weather Patch. Also, the latter could be the cause of the bright water in the last image, but I cannot confirm (again see HRK, shich also uses CoT but not the CoT WP).

OK, if you have one global setting, the the CoT weathers are really off between day/night (or your setting between day and night needs to converge and flip-flop, since in the day, it is much darker, but the same sources of light exist). If the lighting issues are due to CoT, I will find out soon enough. Many more to test.

My water mod is RWT and there I have never found anything that looks off. But well cant exclude it! For skin then I only tested with vanilla, and mature skin for females, and better males for dudes. I know that SK texture looks way to doll like but those SSS values really vary depending on texture.

Another thing to add to the guide..... man that thing is going to be a book before I am done!

I have never seen that snow on the roofs before.... I use better dynamic snow for my decals on roof... those particular ones are basic farmhouse roof texture, with the snow decal on top. I do not have anything that is entirely covered in snow. If it is even snow hehe.

About the lighting. Then all global, day and night are all identical, to help combat the issue that some skyrim interiors are set to use night time value during day. It depends on the lighting mods if this has been fixed or not. I do not recall if ELFX + ELE actually fix this in all locations. I have never made a super indepth analysis of that particular phenomenon... mainly because patching it is outside of my current scope, and I got enough to deal with hehe.