Mod Organizer Guide

frihyland

• 2 weeks later...

Me again... I am using Simple Borderless Window - I find my game works better with it. When I run it through Mod Organizer, the game opens in a window as supposed to, but when I hit Ctrl+Enter, nothing happens (it's supposed to get rid of the window's border to make it fake full screen). When I run the SBW normally (i.e. not from MO), it works fine, but obviously I have no mods installed (as they are all installed via MO).

I am following STEP and I have completed section 2.K. Clutter & Miscellaneous and added SBW then. I wanted to do a benchmark, but SBW is not working properly... Any suggestions how to fix this? It must be something to do with MO or the way it runs the SBW.exe file due to the fact it works when run independently.

This is how I've got it set up in MO:

Posted Image

I had similar issues with SBW in MO. Your best bet is to start Skyrim through MO in one of the other ways, I do it through SKSE or Attk, and afterwards click the SBW.exe or make a shortcut to it so it can be started after Skyrim has started. Then you can hit Ctrl + Enter afterwards for it to work correctly.

So I think i'm missing something regarding .bsa extraction.

Apparently the first time you install a mod with a .bsa file, you are supposed to be prompted whether or not you want to extract it.  I either never saw this message or I pressed no, or I misunderstand whats supposed to happen.

I see the .bsa file in the bsa data column, but I don't see any extracted files or folders in the actual mod directory.

So my question is, how do I enable this setting to be turned on?  Where do I find it?

May I have a suggestion on improving the guide a little:

On the 3rd Party Programs tab, under SkyProc part, you could replace

These are java-jar files and not actually executables. Therefore to set these up to run in MO, you have to set java.exe or javaw.exe (32-bit java!) as the executable and as the argument set "-jar ". Finally, in the "working directory" field, set the path to the jar file!

which is a very manual process, with

Navigate to Data tab in MO, then to SkyProc Patchers directory, select the desired patcher (.jar file), right click it and select "Add as Executable"

This automates the currently suggested manual process without the user having to manually populate all the fields and parameters.

May I have a suggestion on improving the guide a little:

On the 3rd Party Programs tab, under SkyProc part, you could replace

These are java-jar files and not actually executables. Therefore to set these up to run in MO, you have to set java.exe or javaw.exe (32-bit java!) as the executable and as the argument set "-jar ". Finally, in the "working directory" field, set the path to the jar file!

which is a very manual process, with

Navigate to Data tab in MO, then to SkyProc Patchers directory, select the desired patcher (.jar file), right click it and select "Add as Executable"

This automates the currently suggested manual process without the user having to manually populate all the fields and parameters.

Sounds good, go ahead and update it if you want.