Mod Organizer Guide

frihyland

That was it.  I didn't realize I was using a MO profile ini file.  Thanks.

Gack, all this time I've been fighting all sorts of issues with the game that require INI file edits and it wasn't even using the real INI file.... This needed to be in big red bold flashing letters. I knew it virtualized the data directory, but not the INI files.....

Gack, all this time I've been fighting all sorts of issues with the game that require INI file edits and it wasn't even using the real INI file.... This needed to be in big red bold flashing letters. I knew it virtualized the data directory, but not the INI files.....
This is mentioned in the main STEP guide in the first paragraph of the INI Tweaks section.

I am trying to install S.T.E.P I read in the first steps that NMM is no longer supported so I switched to MO as suggested.

However I can't get MO to work. The first issue I have is that MO opens perfectly fine and for a minte I can click on the tabs and toolbar buttons normally then all of a sudden the tabs and buttons stop responding. It looks as if multiple parts of the UI are selected for example download tab, tools button, and RUN so then I can't click on anything to get it to respond. Also when I can get the ini editor to show up only one line under General and the Water category in the Skyrim.ini show up and I can't click over the Skyrim Pref.ini at all.

I am on Windows 7 and I installed MO to the Skyrim directory I also installed NCC. I can sometimes make a profile but after I make it MO begins to malfunction and I can't switch between the default profile and my personal profile because I can't click the drop down menu. I've been looking for help for this issue and have received none just people asking me my OS and where MO and NCC is installed. NCC is installed in side my MO directory btw. I need help getting this to work because I really want to use S.T.E.P

Edit: I can actually get some functionality by using my keyboard like using the tab key or up and down arrows I can download mods from nexus and once I use the tab and arrow key to access the download tab with repeated clicking I can install a mod. Also it seems after several tries I can get the buttons to click if I click them in the right place if that makes sense. All and all I have very limited functionality.

• 2 weeks later...

This is mentioned in the main STEP guide in the first paragraph of the INI Tweaks section.

Okay, I see it now, but it needs to be a called out notice.

### topic change ###

Now, if I can just figure out how to change the INI file during gameplay... I'm trying to reduce uGridsToLoad, which is a real hassle. It is baked into the save file, and will CRASH TO DESKTOP if you reduce the value and then try to load a save with a higher value. But, apparently, you can change the value in the INI mid-game and reload the INI from within the console, then save with the new lowered uGridsToLoad value.

But, I can't find where the virtual INI is read from so that I can change it mid-game... Suggestions?

Okay, I see it now, but it needs to be a called out notice.

### topic change ###

Now, if I can just figure out how to change the INI file during gameplay... I'm trying to reduce uGridsToLoad, which is a real hassle. It is baked into the save file, and will CRASH TO DESKTOP if you reduce the value and then try to load a save with a higher value. But, apparently, you can change the value in the INI mid-game and reload the INI from within the console, then save with the new lowered uGridsToLoad value.

But, I can't find where the virtual INI is read from so that I can change it mid-game... Suggestions?

File path depends on where it's installed, but should be something like:

[folder where you installed MO]\Mod Organizer\profiles\[Profile Name]\skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini

• 4 weeks later...

How do i migrate MO to another harddrive.

I have skyrim installed on c:, MO is installed on e:. now i have freed up a lot of ssd (c: ) space and want to how to migrate the MO installation to c: if that is possible.

Help would be appreciated.

How do i migrate MO to another harddrive.

I have skyrim installed on c:, MO is installed on e:. now i have freed up a lot of ssd (c: ) space and want to how to migrate the MO installation to c: if that is possible.

Help would be appreciated.

I just moved all the files/folders and changed the paths in settings when I added my new SSD to the system.  I did leave the downloads folder on a HDD.  I've had no issues with doing it like that.

O.K. then.

What i will try: a simple copy of the whole MO folder to c: (~15 gigs) and then edit the reference settings for the drives/folder relations.

i will report if that works.

p.s.:

i want to do this because the lower load times on the ssd hopefully make the game go smoother.(just for your info.)

Worked. all you have to do is change the paths in the preference tab of MO.

AND the loading times... (*smiling*) no loading stutter ... anywhere.

also after the benchmark i noticed that the average fps went up 4 frames (lowest and highest stayed the same).

THANK YOU VERY MUCH S.T.E.P AND MO

For mods that use a SkyProc patcher, Dual Sheath Redux, AV, Reproccer, ASIS, etc... I am unable to get the patcher to work when downloaded from within MO. It seems that if the patcher is inside the virtual directory system then it does not get to see all the installed mods. To get this to work with MO I manually copied the "SkyProc Patchers" directory from within the MO mods folder and placed it inside the skyrim data folder. Restarted MO and then executed via the data tab and it works like a charm. Could be an issue with my system, if not then we need to include this kind of instruction on the mods page.

For mods that use a SkyProc patcher' date=' Dual Sheath Redux, AV, Reproccer, ASIS, etc... I am unable to get the patcher to work when downloaded from within MO. It seems that if the patcher is inside the virtual directory system then it does not get to see all the installed mods. To get this to work with MO I manually copied the "SkyProc Patchers" directory from within the MO mods folder and placed it inside the skyrim data folder. Restarted MO and then executed via the data tab and it works like a charm. Could be an issue with my system, if not then we need to include this kind of instruction on the mods page.[/quote']

Not an issue with your system. That is the general set-up for using a patcher with mod organizer. Do the same thing =)

Actually, the general setup for patchers with Mod Organizer is to add the patcher as a executible by browsing for the patcher in the Data tab, right clicking the patcher JAR, selecting "Add as executable", then hitting OK at the dialog box.

Then, at the end, run the patch using the executables drop-down.

Actually, the general setup for patchers with Mod Organizer is to add the patcher as a executible by browsing for the patcher in the Data tab, right clicking the patcher JAR, selecting "Add as executable", then hitting OK at the dialog box.

Then, at the end, run the patch using the executables drop-down.

Thank you for explaining it better than I. That is what I do just didn't really answer him the right way.