Atlas Map Markers with Dragonborn Dawnguard and Blackreach Addons (by Kronixx)

DoubleYou

I'm using this mod because I use a mod that makes a save when you discover a new location (it was before Sheson :) ). But now I still like to have that many map marker because when I doing a quick play session or I want to test something in a specific place I can use fast travel to save some time.

I cleaned and modified the esp according to a post found in the comment:

OTHER FIXES

Open TES5Edit.

Right Click on the mod list, select NONE

Tick all Bethesda ESMs you have (Skyrim, Update, Dawnguard, Hearthfires, Dragonborn)

Tick ALL Atlas ESPs you have (Map Markers, Blackreach, Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Hearthfires)

click [OK].

When fully loaded,

Scroll down to Atlas Map Marker.esp in the left-hand window

Click the [+] to expand Atlas Map Marker.esp's contents

Click the [+] to expand "Worldspace" under Atlas Map Markers.esp

Find and select the "0001691D" node under "Worldspace".

In the right hand window,

Right-click the column for Dragonborn.esm

Select "Copy as override into...".

Select Atlas Dragonborn.esp

click [OK].

In the left hand window,

Find Atlas Blackreach.esp in the left-hand window

Click the [+] to expand Atlas Blackreach.esp's contents

Click the [+] to expand "Worldspace" under Atlas Blackreach.esp

Click the [+] to expand "Worldspace">"0001EE62" under Atlas Blackreach.esp

Select the "0002D4E0" node.

In the right-hand window,

Right-click the column for Dawnguard.esm

Select "Copy as override into...".

Select Atlas Dawnguard.esp

click [OK].

USKP FIX

Open TES5Edit.

Right Click on the mod list, select NONE

Tick Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Tick Atlas Map Markers.esp

click [OK].

In the left-hand window,

Click the [+] to expand Atlas Map Markers

Click the [+] to expand "Location" under Atlas Map Markers.esp

Find and select the "000FDBDF" node.

In the right-hand window,

Find the "KSIZ - Keyword Count" in the left-most column (4 for USKP, 2 for Atlas Map Makers)

Find the "KWDA - Keywords" in the left most column (which are below - there are keywords in red for USKP)

Select the "KSIZ - Keyword Count" and "KWDA - Keywords" records in USKP with the mouse

Drag them from from Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp to Atlas Map Markers.esp.

The entries should now be the same in both plug-ins.

Click the [X] in the upper right hand corner

click [OK].

And after all that I merged all the esp. So far everything works fine.

Edit: I can provide the files for testing if someone want them. I will not upload them since I don't have the author autorisation.

• +1 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New and improved version of this is up. I highly recommend it be added to the STEP Guide. Read the sticky under posts. Not only does it mention STEP and that it's been cleaned but here's the kicker he got permission from Schlangster to use the SkyUI map.swf and it is now compatible with SkyUI. It's really great because it's completely customizable. I haven't tested the compass tweaks or the world encounters, I really don't want the extra esp or script from each respectivley. Map markers in Soul Cairn and Blackreach. I recommend you guys start testing. It is a must have, give it a shot.

Edited by Vulgar1
  • +1 1

I like this mod a lot, and the new update is a very welcome improvement.  However, this mod also adds a new entrance to the Ragged Flagon that I feel makes it unsuitable for STEP.  I wish it didn't have that feature (or that it was a separate option).  It's the one part of this mod that I've always seen as an unnecessary change (besides seeming out of place in a map marker mod).  I've always sort of liked the fact that you have to go through an extra cell to get to the flagon.  It makes it seem more hidden and secretive than having instant access.  Plus the location of the entrance doesn't work spatially with the rest of the city/cell layout.

I like this mod a lot, and the new update is a very welcome improvement.  However, this mod also adds a new entrance to the Ragged Flagon that I feel makes it unsuitable for STEP.  I wish it didn't have that feature (or that it was a separate option).  It's the one part of this mod that I've always seen as an unnecessary change (besides seeming out of place in a map marker mod).  I've always sort of liked the fact that you have to go through an extra cell to get to the flagon.  It makes it seem more hidden and secretive than having instant access.  Plus the location of the entrance doesn't work spatially with the rest of the city/cell layout.

What we could do is patch it in the STEP Patch by disabling it.

Theres using the old noggin. I'm surpised there is not already a built in option to remove the door. I bet kronixx would be willing to do it himself if asked, possibly, maybe, IDK. I think the customization and compatibility with SkyUI kind of makes it a no brainer.  It's probably the best map marker mod out there. No one is forced to use this mod and no one is forced to use the door.

Some of the posts from earlier this year in the Nexsus forum for this mod discuss removing the Ragged Flagon change.  I wonder if we should contact the author and mention the interest in including this in STEP, but that we have a concern since this change is not optional and STEP tries to not change vanilla content unless it is an actual fix.

By the way, did the changes mentioned in the description for version 1.7 reduce the problem with the entrance change?

I just want to chip in here with a few things:

Kronix has stated he hopes to move from the book configuration method to an MCM menu, but wanted to release the "big" recent update first, as a debut for his return to updating the mod. So fear not - that's coming.

Also, I do believe it might be possible to place those books somewhere else, through a patch, that would allow a user to configure the map marker setup earlier in the game. I was even considering moving them into the starting room of Arthmoor's Live Another Life mod, since I prefer setting up MCM options of mods there, and making a save, before I've chosen the particular LAL starting quest (so I can always go back to that save to try a different quest without having to set everything up again.)

Also, although he's made a small-icon version of the SkyUI map.swf file (with permission,) I think he's open to the idea of making a version of the SkyUI map which adds a few colors to key icons. I myself have already edited it successfully to do this, adding colors to the major hold city icons and the quest markers (making it easier to find around the edges of the map.)

As for the entrance to the Ragged Flagon, the note about it for the new 1.7 update says "Keyed shortcut into the Ragged Flagon that bypasses one load screen" - I'm not clear what that means: adding a hot-key that can be pressed to change the entrance? I guess we'll hear back via kryptopyr.