STEP and Skyrim 1.6 [Official] Bug Reports

frihyland

Question

Unconfirmed Issues with 1.6

• So far I am aware of a major bugs with the Campanions guild introduced by 1.6 to the vanilla game, avoid them and their quests until a future patch.
  • For mods their are reports of UI elements breaking, mostly the crosshairs. Voice dialogue is also having issues as well as animations.
  • Overall 1.6 is a tremendous improvement with many major bugfixes and optimizations, its another milestone moving forward.
  • Unfortunately the mod issues cannot even be worked on until a 1.6 compatible version of the CK is released, then it will take a mod authors a while to implement, be patient.
  • Thread open for reporting your issues.

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If you haven't already DO NOT USE THE NEW CREATION KIT. I just tried editing some armor esp's and it changed all the armor values to ZERO instead of the value in the CK...

Did it on three separate files, just changed the name of an item and saved...

Just wanted to give an update, the creation kit was updated by Bethesda again today. HOPEFULLY fixing some of the major issues the community have brought up.

Interestingly the CK version yesterday was 1.6.91.0 and today's is 1.6.89.0 (note the version number is now matching the current patch).

Just wanted to give an update, the creation kit was updated by Bethesda again today. HOPEFULLY fixing some of the major issues the community have brought up.

Interestingly the CK version yesterday was 1.6.91.0 and today's is 1.6.89.0 (note the version number is now matching the current patch).

woops, sounds like someone served up the next beta by mistake :lol:

Just wanted to give an update, the creation kit was updated by Bethesda again today. HOPEFULLY fixing some of the major issues the community have brought up.Interestingly the CK version yesterday was 1.6.91.0 and today's is 1.6.89.0 (note the version number is now matching the current patch).

woops, sounds like someone served up the next beta by mistake :lol:

SNAFU !

One i know off the top of my head is that Ars Metallica has been updated for 1.6, the fix did not involve anything game breaking though.

Some other i think might need to be updated are iHUD, Enhanced Blood Textures, and Burn Freeze Shock Effects.

One i know off the top of my head is that Ars Metallica has been updated for 1.6, the fix did not involve anything game breaking though.

Some other i think might need to be updated are iHUD, Enhanced Blood Textures, and Burn Freeze Shock Effects.

EBT 1.8 is for patch 1.6, it is already released.

BFSE I haven't noticed any issues running 1.6 with it.

iHUD is updated but is bugged whilst mounted combat.

iHUD has been updated but doesn't work well for me now that he's

switched to SKSE for keybinding. The old version(scriptdragon) still works but bugged in mounted combat. For now I've simply uninstalled this one.

hey guys, some of you might have noticed a black dotted line around most/all of the fiery light-sources including torches, campfires, bonfires and whatever else.

it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/I9P2x.jpg

I found out by testing that it is directly linked to the Antialiasing-setting in the Skyrim Game Launcher. Unless it changes anything else but antialiasing values this means that any antialiasing value above 4 will cause this artifact. This has been reported during beta-testing-phase and still it was in the official update, and still nobody seems to care about it

Edit: This is only linked to the 1.6.89 patch, not to anything else (tested it). It persists with whatever mods you have installed.

hey guys, some of you might have noticed a black dotted line around most/all of the fiery light-sources including torches, campfires, bonfires and whatever else.

it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/I9P2x.jpg

I found out by testing that it is directly linked to the Antialiasing-setting in the Skyrim Game Launcher. Unless it changes anything else but antialiasing values this means that any antialiasing value above 4 will cause this artifact. This has been reported during beta-testing-phase and still it was in the official update, and still nobody seems to care about it

Edit: This is only linked to the 1.6.89 patch, not to anything else (tested it). It persists with whatever mods you have installed.

Another great example that leaves many wondering why they even release a Beta. They are too short, and let too many problems slip through.

Another Problem which still persists: enabling Sli AND 3D or Sli aa disables Performance benefits from Sli totally! Enabling Sli only makes the Game disable HDR and other effects plus Bugs Water ripples which doesn't seem to be fixeable at all. I currently don't Know of any method to disable water Physics totally. The Game causes those Problems automatically when it detects that Sli 2-Card-Rendering is enabled! This has unfortunately nothing to do with 1.6 but with Skyrim since its Release!!! I post it here, because my recent testing showed that the always proclaimed workaround is 100%ly useless. The Game does not support dual-Rendering!

Hi all,

I've been doing tests since 1.6 with STEP. As far as I know, Navmesh and dialog bugs are the worst (walking guards in mortal swimming on water, npcs not moving, chats missing or locking).

I started using Wrye Bash and researched. As linked above, using USKP 1.05c is fine, since it remove the dialog changes, which causes the chat lock. Better Bards changes the dialogues, since it reduces the "delay" of singing (.fuz files), so I disabled that too.

As for the navmesh bug: it's fixed, that's why the CK was rolled back (the new patch had instructions that papyrus and others can interpret yet), but I'm still looking for mods in STEP that changes the world (add new locations, and stuff). I could use some help in here ^^

I'll keep ya posted. For now, until STEP C, there are no problems. D is for chat locks and E / F / G for navmesh bug.

EDIT: Smart Souls already have a 60 version to work with actual SKSE and 1.6 patch.

EDIT 2:

*Wrye Bash report on a full installed STEP:

Mods that need cleaning with TES4Edit

Following mods have identical to master (ITM) records, deleted records (UDR), or other issues that should be fixed with TES4Edit. Visit the TES4Edit Cleaning Guide for more information.

• morevillageanimals.esp: UDR(5)

• RabbitsPlus.esp: UDR(1)

• SkyrimCoinReplacer.esp: UDR(48)

• Update.esm: UDR(1)

Another Problem which still persists: enabling Sli AND 3D or Sli aa disables Performance benefits from Sli totally! Enabling Sli only makes the Game disable HDR and other effects plus Bugs Water ripples which doesn't seem to be fixeable at all. I currently don't Know of any method to disable water Physics totally. The Game causes those Problems automatically when it detects that Sli 2-Card-Rendering is enabled! This has unfortunately nothing to do with 1.6 but with Skyrim since its Release!!! I post it here because my recent testing showed that the always proclaimed workaround is 100%ly useless. The Game does not support dual-Rendering!

Now that I have a SLI setup I'm learning about this painfully... works great in other games but Skyrim is very unfriendly to both SLI and Surround. The 1.6 patch screwed up shadows for surround resolutions so they flicker like crazy....