Photo

STEP and Skyrim 1.6 [Official] Bug Reports

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Another Problem which still persists: enabling Sli AND 3D or Sli aa disables Performance benefits from Sli totally! Enabling Sli only makes the Game disable HDR and other effects plus Bugs Water ripples which doesn't seem to be fixeable at all. I currently don't Know of any method to disable water Physics totally. The Game causes those Problems automatically when it detects that Sli 2-Card-Rendering is enabled! This has unfortunately nothing to do with 1.6 but with Skyrim since its Release!!! I post it here because my recent testing showed that the always proclaimed workaround is 100%ly useless. The Game does not support dual-Rendering!

Now that I have a SLI setup I'm learning about this painfully... works great in other games but Skyrim is very unfriendly to both SLI and Surround. The 1.6 patch screwed up shadows for surround resolutions so they flicker like crazy....

#32 torminater

torminater

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

could've told you if you had asked me... it's a pain in the a**.

#33 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

I knew there would be issues, but figured I could get around them by disabling SLI. Unfortunately, if I have two cards in the case I cannot get surround resolution from a single card. Nvidia Control Panel won't let me and I'm not about to uninstall my SLI setup every time I want to play Skyrim. For now my solution has been to enabled 3d and hide it (unfortunately not available in the latest beta driver with the performance improvements) and reduce down to 1920x1080 and pray that Bethesda fixes the damned shadows issues but I'm not holding my breath... honestly I'm starting to think Skyrim is more work than it's worth these days.

#34 torminater

torminater

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

in the newest beta drivers you can only deactivate in-game effects with the toggle option (hotkey). usually it should be Ctrl + T on Skyrim main menu it should tell you...

#35 bitdman

bitdman

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

Are there some rigs that are running SLI or CrossFire that work? Would it be worth it to to make a dual card thread since Elder Scrolls has always had problems with dual card mode and nobody seems to be able to figure out why? The reason I am asking is I don't know if I should upgrade my processor or add another video card. I'd rather get the issue with SLI or Crossfire figured out though. It's been a problem long enough! DYT. sorry for posting in the wrong thread!

#36 torminater

torminater

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

Are there some rigs that are running SLI or CrossFire that work? Would it be worth it to to make a dual card thread since Elder Scrolls has always had problems with dual card mode and nobody seems to be able to figure out why?

The reason I am asking is I don't know if I should upgrade my processor or add another video card. I'd rather get the issue with SLI or Crossfire figured out though. It's been a problem long enough! DYT.

sorry for posting in the wrong thread!

you can write about that here ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users