70 replies to this topic

#31 DoYouEvenModBro

DoYouEvenModBro

Dragon Prince

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

Perhaps you want to turn your uGridsToLoad back to 5?

I can try but idk why it would be that. That file ran flawlessly with ugrids 7 with step 2.2.7.

Also, what would be causing that floating grass in the boneyard?

Nah, not ugrids. 5 srill didn't work.

#32 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:30 PM

Is the grass issue there with a fresh coc into the area ? If yes.. then you might have a mod issue.. if no then it is entirely related to you trying to load an old save into a new build.

#33 DoYouEvenModBro

DoYouEvenModBro

Dragon Prince

• Members
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

Is the grass issue there with a fresh coc into the area ?

If yes.. then you might have a mod issue.. if no then it is entirely related to you trying to load an old save into a new build.

I'll try doing a fresh coc from the skyrim menu. I just coc from the main menu, right?

#34 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

Yes, since that will auto start a new game with a default char. It is as good as pressing new game.

#35 DoYouEvenModBro

DoYouEvenModBro

Dragon Prince

• Members
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

Yes, since that will auto start a new game with a default char. It is as good as pressing new game.

Ok. I'll check out that area with a fresh coc and thrn coc to other areas of the map to see if I can reproduce the memory leak.

#36 DoYouEvenModBro

DoYouEvenModBro

Dragon Prince

• Members
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

How do I get in that boneyard? It needs a boneyard key and is part of a main dawmguard triggered quest. Its where you7 fight the dragon

[quote name=''Aiyen' pid='70784' dateline='1392683884']Yes' date=' since that will auto start a new game with a default char. It is as good as pressing new game.[/quote']
Just an update, I did a fresh coc (from main menu) to a few locations in Skyrim and then got a CTD! I haven't had any of those since Safety Load first came into play. I don't know what to do... 

I'm also still getting the windows is low on memory problem. Just to confirm, this is from fresh coc's with no save file selected. But my load order looks okay...

#37 DoYouEvenModBro

DoYouEvenModBro

Dragon Prince

• Members
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

In case it helps: enblocal.ini

#38 DoYouEvenModBro

DoYouEvenModBro

Dragon Prince

• Members
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

Just an FYI, I have 8 gb of system RAM and I reduced the page file on my SSD (which has Skyrim) to 1024mb. Am I actually running out of 8 gb of RAM from Skyrim and the page file isnt' big enough?

#39 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:29 PM

Your enblocal MEMORY settings look a mess to me, although I ain't necessarily an enb guru. Since when are you reserving 512 mb? I've heard its best to keep this low to something like 64 or 128, as this is how much memory it won't use because you have reserved it. And 10240 for Video Memory? Maybe I don't understand that setting altogether, but that sounds rather high.

#40 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:53 AM

Ok post the mods you're using (and the resolution of each) as well as tell us what resolution you're playing at and finally your system specs.

#41 torminater

torminater

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:43 AM

It is the highest possible setting for that value with like 32 GB RAM and a Titan with 6GB you might be able to use those values... You are reserving all your VRAM, all your ram for enboost, so Skyrim and windows run out of memory! Who put all those notes in the enblocal anyways? ReservedMemorySizeMb=64 VideoMemorySizeMb=4096 (or 2048 or 3072 depending on how much VRAM your gfx has.   Oh yeah and make sure AF and AA are turned off/application controlled everywhere else! Look in nvidia inspector, Skyrim launcher, CCC, skyrimprefs.ini, Radeon pro or wherever else.

#42 DoYouEvenModBro

DoYouEvenModBro

Dragon Prince

• Members
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

It says the formula is vram + system ram - 2048 for videomb size. In my Case, that would be 4gb of vram + 8 gb of system ram - 2048. Ive always used this value and had no problems. Same with the 512 for the other value. These are the default enblocal values that come with serebity enb. I will try changing them though!  I think those notes are left over from kountervibe enb. Prod80 never removed them when he borrowed much of kountervibes values  Also, the STEP ENB wiki says to leave reservedmemory size at 512 for 2+ vram cards, does it not? Why are you saying 64? EDIT: BEFORE I UPDATED TO THE MOST RECENT VERSION OF STEP, I was also using Safety Load v 1.1 (which worked for some, but not others). It seemed to work miracles for me. maybe since I don't use it now, the game is finally messing up due to my incorrect enboost settings? 

#43 DoYouEvenModBro

DoYouEvenModBro

Dragon Prince

• Members
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

Load Order: I'm using the highest res available for each mod.
Also, ENBlocal.ini (comes with Prod80's serenity ENB)

#44 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

Enboost was updated but the wiki was not. Set the VRAM line to nothing and leave it blank. Then set auto detect to true. Also, try 128 for reserve memory. Your card can handle that. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#45 Miguel

Miguel

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

by any chance are you using a 32-bit windows?only a x64 windows can use more than 4gb of ram

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users