MO showing the day i installed the mod, not the actual version

Halde

Question

Hi all!

As the headline says, my MO shows the date that i installed the mods(i pretty much did them all in a day), instead of the actual version. With some of the mods, like 10% perhaps, it does in fact shows the version, but not with the rest. It is all stated in thick red text, as if it was an error of some kind. Furthermore it doesn't help when i press "check all for update".

Can someone explain?

~Sincerely

Zeniet

1 answer to this question

When you downloaded a mod to your MO/downloads directory it should show when you click the "downloads tab" in the right pane. Before you install, you should right click on the downloaded mod and select "Query info" which will retrieve the mod info from the Nexus. If you do not do this or some reason the Nexus is unavailable, instead of the version number the mod will give the install date as the version number in the left pane. You can fix this be double clicking on the mod and selecting the "Nexus info" tab. Then enter the correct mod id and version number.