Farmhouse Chimneys (by Scarla)

Noobsayer

Screens:

Current STEP (Chimneys for Skyrim)  >>  Hearthfire Chimneys for Skyrim

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

This is really a no-brainer, IMO. Hearthfire Chimneys for Skyrim covers more locations, matches the textures and look more authentic than current STEP. Should be an easy "accepted" and replacement for current STEP. This should also be in Core unless it will cause conflicts. It is a fix to vanilla buildings that have fireplaces but no chimneys which without would cause the interior to fill with smoke.

Been using these and heartily agree. They don't conflict with Real Water Two, improved puddles or vurt's flora stuff (not even the regular edition). The only thing that'd need to be looked at is maybe Lanterns of Skyrim, because I use ELFX Exteriors instead (which it doesn't conflict with either, incidentally).

It is the topic, as you raised it as some point of relevance in your response, so you should elaborate? 

No it isn't. The topic of this thread is Hearthfire Chimneys for Skyrim. My response was to a possible conflict between this mod and Lanterns of Skyrim. DoYouEvenModBro asked a question entirely off topic which had nothing to do with this mod but rather with Lanterns of Skyrim being dropped. Thus, off topic because we are not discussing mods that might be dropped from Extended in this thread.

This matter is closed. Further discussion will result in warnings. Back to the topic of this thread, please.

Chimneys for Skyrim is in Extended, not core, so this should probably go to Extended as well.

I realize but I'm challenging this now that this mod fits perfectly into Skyrim with matching textures. I can't recall why Chimney's for Skyrim wasn't in Core in the first place. Yes, it adds something to the game but it's a fix in my book because any house with a fireplace should have a chimney. I see this as an oversight in the vanilla game.

I think the potential for conflict with other mods was another reason that Chimneys for Skyrim was placed in Extended rather than Core.  Even if it doesn't conflict with other mods in STEP Core, there's a pretty good chance that it could conflict with mods added by certain Packs.  This makes it more difficult for Packs to be built as direct extensions of Core.

I do agree, though, that this mod is a fix.